Thread: Logitech QuickCam keeps blue-screening Vista

Logitech QuickCam keeps blue-screening Vista

I am having the system in which Windows Vista was default operating system. Now I am facing problems while using the Logitech QuickCam with the Windows Vista. The problems are not fixed. I mean sometimes the screen will become blue after attaching the QuickCam whereas sometimes operating system doesn't even detect the camera.!! I want your help so that I can fix this issue. Please suggest something that will help in fixing the problems of QuickCam with Vista.

Re: Logitech QuickCam keeps blue-screening Vista

Unfortunately, too many problems seem to persist in these drivers 10.5.1. First, you give us a number of Video Effects incompatible with the QuickCam Pro 5000 Logitech whereas according to this function is actually enabled for this webcam.
    • The QuickCam software still contains some incompatibilities with some antivirus and antispyware. This is particularly the case with Kaspersky that Logitech is currently working to improve things.
    • The USB 2.0 webcams are still not properly supported under Windows 2000.
    • The rotation mechanism webcams QuickCam Orbit / Sphere does not work when the resolution is greater than 640 x 480. Logitech attributes this to the limitations of USB power.
    • The generic protocol WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) is still not supported under Windows Vista. Logitech webcams work yet WIA mode with Windows XP.

Find QuickCam version 10 it works on 01Net DOWNLOADED or available for Vista on CNET Versions 8 and 9 are inconsistent. Install the software and connect the camera to the end of the installation, a bit laborious!! Also you should know that the Video Effects work well with Windows XP / Vista x64 but only in applications written with the basic 32 bit. On single-core processor configurations, the CPU utilization by the webcam and its drivers can sometimes reach 30% to 40%. According to Logitech, this is normal behavior due to the current architecture of drivers and use features such as RightLight. Logitech does not intend to change this behavior.

I managed after two hours of hack to install my webcam logitech quickcam messenger (ref M / N V-UBC40) under Windows XP Pro. First, I install the file qc848fra.exe, it recognizes the camera but installs bad drivers. Then, from property system / Hardware / Device Manager, I manually installed the drivers supplied on the installation CD. After doing all this at last my problem has been solved. You should also try the same thing.

For information, the rule is to never connect the USB device before you install the driver. So the Messenger Webcam, Logitech provided a CD driver to be loaded on the PC and only when the program asks, connect the webcam. In conclusion, it remains for you to uninstall the webcam, then disconnect, close the computer so that all is well recorded and follow this method. I do not see any other solutions in the hope that there is not a trace of your first installation attempt in the Registry, in which case you should delete it first.

First you uninstall your webcam, then when you plug the webcam, he asks the other: it must be good food. Inf file that is located in a directory that you downloaded, then installs a driver and worry ask others who are in different répertopires and it works. Or if he asks you more drivers (but not installed c) you do right click desktop, manage, you go into device manager and there are not installed on devices (yellow exclamation points) you do specify a driver.

I had the misfortune to install the new Quick Cam Logitech. I fully complied with the installation procedure. Initially, the system told me that he could not detect it, but finally I succeeded. The problems started to open my MSN :
    • appearance of blue screen, the system froze
    • restarted, the system tells me a problem and a SCSI driver I try to reinstall it without success
    • Two days later, my mouse no longer worked, because of a conflict with Logitech drivers.

I uninstalled everything, repacked and returned the product. Even though I uninstalled all the Logitech files are still in my folder "program files" I have problems with my Windows Explorer to crash on occasion. I have not yet found a solution.