Thread: Need Harmony Remote Software for Mac

Need Harmony Remote Software for Mac

I am looking for some latest upgrades for Harmony Remote Software. I have a Windows system and a Macbook. I had configured the same properly on my system. Now just for working purpose I want to add the remote to the Mac system also. But I am not getting updates for the same. Does anyone has a proper update for the same. I am not sure about the remote weather it works on Mac or not. Are there some upgrades for Windows also.

Re: Need Harmony Remote Software for Mac

I have a MAC OS X desktop system. I am facing some issue with the 7.5 version of Harmony Remote. I think this is buggy on mac platform. I started working first with Harmony Remote 7.0. It worked well there. But then it automatically updated itself to 7.5. This has caused failure of the software working on Mac. It shows a big box on the screen showing up updating remote software.

There is a pc software for mac also available. You have to download the same from the official site. Just visit the official site and then provide your model number of remote. After that you will redirected to the manual and software download page. You can get the most recent udpate. You can also add the remote and then search for updates in mac.

It is essential to get proper software for a remote control to work properly. After installation you will find that the menu in software is well made with all things added in it. You can then create an account in Logitech, which is very useful in case of problem or difficulty to configure the remote. Initially you must register all the devices on the website and use the official site for technical support.

The ability of the remote control is sufficient to record complex devices and modules settings are complete enough for everyone, including the most challenging to find a solution to its installation. The concept of business development and online through pictures is very friendly and provides easy management of complex audio-video configurations.

Logitech released last week several drivers for peripherals finally providing compatibility with Windows Vista . These drivers included for example the 7.3 version of drivers for the Harmony Remote Software Logitech Harmony remote controls and Windows 2000/XP/Vista. Unfortunately, this 7.3 version seems to be bugged since Logitech has removed from its download servers immediately after its release.

I wanted to know how to use my remote or my iphone to control XBMC on my Mac mini. I also have a Xbox remote control and receiver. I would like to find roughly the same operation at the time of my xbox but with the Logitech Harmony. Get the most newest update for teh same. I choose as a PC camera Multimedia in my Apple MacMini. The trouble is that nothing seems to work here. The device is just learning.

Did you listen anything about ScreenShots REmote for iPhone?I know that u need to install program to your Mac and to iPhone and then u can get screenshots from controlling Mac to your iPhone. I found it in actymac site.

Quote Originally Posted by McJohnson View Post
    Did you listen anything about ScreenShots REmote for iPhone?I know that u need to install program to your Mac and to iPhone and then u can get screenshots from controlling Mac to your iPhone. I found it in actymac site.
    According to the description, Screenshot Remote allows to take screenshots of the monitor of your home computer or even of the computers which are in your office. Moreover you can do it remotely. The program is very easy to use and has friendly interface. First of all, you need to install the program to the computer and iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch. The second step is to set up the interval time for screenshots. The program is ready to use!