Thread: Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 won't work on Windows 7

Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 won't work on Windows 7

Some days ago I installed Windows 7 RC on a brand innovative computer, downloaded the Quickcam application. I have a problem with a "Quickcam Pro 5000" after driver installation when I restart my PC it will not start except with the last good configuration. I have tried my level best to sort out things but nothing is helping me.!! So thought that you guys would be helpful in fixing my issues. Is there any issue about the compatibility issues about the Quickcam Pro 5000 and an Windows 7 operating system.?? Please provide me some useful information about it.

Re: Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 won't work on Windows 7

To install the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 Webcam W7 under 64, just prior to plugging it in, then go to control panel and do a search for updates via Windows Update, which offers to download the correct driver. There should be an Internet connection for this process. If you can access an internet right now then you can download the latest driver and then install it in your system. Doing this also will definitely help you to fix your issue.

Even I would like to recommend you to install an updated drivers for the Quickcam Pro 5000. I think it's pretty lame that Logitech won't sustain the 5000 in Windows 7. I qualm it's a difficult thing to implement. Following all Windows 7 ships with a fundamental driver for the camera. I can comprehend really old non-USB hardware not being supported. But if there is nothing wrong with the hardware I think it's appalling that Logitech don't update the software to support it. You should do more R & D to sort this out.!!

The equivalent for me, I purchased this camera 2 years ago and you are saying that me it is useless under Windows 7 !!! Till now I was using it with an operating system Windows XP and it was working smoothly. Now recently when I had switched to the Windows 7, I started facing the problem from the starting. I think that I should again switch to my old operating system. Anyways this was very bad experience about the Quickcam Pro 5000 on Windows 7. I think that you too will have to change your operating system in order to make your camera function properly.

In addition to fixes bugs found in QuickCam 9.5, QuickCam 10 offers a completely new interface with improved software and proprietary functions dependent on the camera to complement our new QuickCam devices. Operating systems supported by QuickCam 10 :
    • Windows 2000 - SP4
    • Windows XP Pro - SP2
    • Windows XP Home - SP2
    • Windows MCE - SP2
    • Windows MCE 200x - SP2/UR2
    • Windows XP x64
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows Vista x64
    I have read this on the Logitech site. There they have not mentioned anything about the compatibility with the Windows 7. So I think that there must be some compatibility issues of QuickCam Pro with the Windows 7. Will have to wait until they release new drivers for Windows 7.

If your camera is supported in QuickCam 10, you can download the software from the download page by selecting your type of camera. You can also see the chart below to determine if your camera is supported in QuickCam 10. If this is the case, drivers are available in the installer QuickCam 10. In case of problems with QuickCam 10, supported cameras can also get full technical support from Logitech. No, There Are Two viewing options Located in the gallery, Both Represented by buttons. Thumbnails of photo's or pictures can Be Still When viewed: Clicking the "Photo Gallery Button", and can capture video thumbnails orf Be When viewed: Clicking the "Video Gallery" button. By default, files are Stored DEPENDING ON the file format types :
    • Images are Stored in - My Documents \ My Pictures \ QuickCam
    • Videos are Stored in - My Documents \ My Videos \ QuickCam

The software enabled privacy shade can Be in Two Ways. Open the "Privacy Shade" option from the Quick Wizard and click the play button. Select the "Video Mute" option Directly From The "Quick Wizard". The installation of QuickCam 10 Will install default graphics for you to choose, howeve There est aussi an option to browse your local hard drive and select a folder your graphic files Which hold. Once You Have your selected folder, any. Jpg graphic That Is available in the selected folder Will Appear in the menu. "At any time you can return to the default image by pressing Ctrl + D."

This specific problem is related to technology RightSound Logitech. RightSound was designed to enhance audio communication, it is not optimized for multichannel audio, games or any other use advanced audio. To make available certain advanced communication functions such as echo cancellation, it must restrict the way some audio features are used. When the function AEA and QuickCam cameras supported is activated, it is possible that the audio output is restricted, thus causing the deactivation of some channels. We know that this issue affects devices Sound Blaster specific it may also occurs at a joint use of other audio devices with multi function RightSound AEA or Logitech. Solution :
    1. Turn off or AEA RightSound QuickCam 9.x or higher.
    2. Make sure all audio streams are closed.
    3. QuickCam Connect your video device to initiate the microphone of the camera.
    4. Open the Windows Control Panel and double-click the Camera Settings Logitech.
    5. Click the Audio tab.
    6. Locate and uncheck EAA.
    7. This action restores the set of standard functions of your Sound Blaster audio products. If you're still having problems, please verify that the hardware acceleration slider for your audio playback device is set to the maximum level of acceleration.

Well, I see this problem had been going on since long time ago. Is 2011 and logitech haven't fixed this problem so I'm very disappointed.

coloradorockies Guest

I hadn't even realized that my QuickCam Pro 5000 wasn't supposed to be supported by Windows 7.

I'm using ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsuppo...lws100_x64.exe on Windows 7 x64.

For 32-bit, I'd try ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsuppo...cam/lws100.exe

Works no problem

coloradorockies Guest

Also try: First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver.