Thread: Controlling squeezebox with harmony remote

Controlling squeezebox with harmony remote

I have an Harmony 550 and I am wanted to get a Squeezebox. I think, it would be better for me and as well as I need to also save some money by just purchasing the Squeezebox receiver instead of the single packaged with the remote, but I am curious if somebody out there has had success managing the Squeezebox with their Harmony remote. if so, please suggest me, should I go for that or not ...???

thanks in advance.

Best Universal remote for Squeezebox?

I am getting confused to decide something and I am posting this very thread because I need some suggestion from you all. Actually, I have looked at a number as they highlighted up on the sales related websites, but somebody suggest me out somewhere here that no one of them running with the number to letter conversions important for some functions such as lazy search, which is a deal breaker. Has somebody found one that has this or an alternate method of issuing text that performs with the Squeezebox? Any idea would be appreciated ...

Re: Controlling squeezebox with harmony remote

I work with a Harmony 880 and 550 with a SB2 without any issues. The 880 contains large color screen but buttons are little and flat. The 550 has monochrome display and rubber raised buttons. I like the form factor of 550 better, but the color screen on the 880 . You can receive the 550 on Amazon near about $75US. I can't see why the buttons on the Harmony remote would be a issue with Lazy Search since they mimic the native remote's command set. I am not sure about Lazy Search. I will try this as it seems fine !

Re: Best Universal remote for Squeezebox?

Quote Originally Posted by Morea View Post
    I am getting confused to decide something and I am posting this very thread because I need some suggestion from you all. Actually, I have looked at a number as they highlighted up on the sales related websites, but somebody suggest me out somewhere here that no one of them running with the number to letter conversions important for some functions such as lazy search, which is a deal breaker. Has somebody found one that has this or an alternate method of issuing text that performs with the Squeezebox? Any idea would be appreciated ...
    I am also one of the user of harmony 885 and my harmony 885 contains the letters on the number keys, and they perform the matching of the same convention as used by the slim remote and the Lazy Search plugin. It is suggested maximum , as long as you don't need to use this to control a Panasonic plasma...

Oh god ! I am not about Lazy Search. I will try this once because this one suggestion is looking really help and can be great for me ! Just like raine suggested that the issue is lazy search (and regular find procedure as I recall) both rely on the letters in combination of the numbers to use them perfectly . Lazy search is just too supportive for me.

This is dependent on what the consensus so far the Harmony assumes as it's the method to move. Just out of curiosity, I am researching this at the moment, are entire Harmony's the same on the back end (functionality-based) as looks just fancier layouts and ?

As one of the poster on other website told that they are all dependent on the concept of 'Activities' like Watching TV, Play CD, Play Digital Music, Play Radio, etc. The minimum priced ones are unable to manage as several devices/activities and contains smaller minimum resolution monochrome displays.

I have also updated my Harmony remote and the options for Squeezebox control getting maximum tremendously. I will try to find out the 'lazy search' options to get if it will go in proper way.can anyone tell me , where would I get the code of the Harmony. I have a 880 and received my Slim codes from the Logitech official website, the menu format is type of messy. But then I have not retrieved their site for ages.Any ideas about this

As one of the poster on other website told that they are all dependent on the concept of 'Activities' like Watching TV, Play CD, Play Digital Music, Play Radio, etc. The minimum priced ones are unable to manage as several devices/activities and contains smaller minimum resolution monochrome displays.

I have also updated my Harmony remote and the options for Squeezebox control getting maximum tremendously. I will try to find out the 'lazy search' options to get if it will go in proper way.can anyone tell me , where would I get the code of the Harmony. I have a 880 and received my Slim codes from the Logitech official website, the menu format is type of messy. But then I have not retrieved their site for ages.Any ideas about this