Thread: Logitech G15 v2 usb problems

Logitech G15 v2 usb problems

As you might be knowing that Logitech G15 keyboard have some USB ports on it. But you might not be aware of the fact that it is USB 1.0 and not 2.0, an older version on USB. I generally connect my PEN drives on these ports. But the problem is that everytime I connect it, I get a message saying "this usb device can perform faster if you connect it to a hi-speed usb 2.0 port". Later on I receive another message saying "the hub does not have enough power available to operate the USB Mass Storage Device". What does that mean? What should I do to avoid such kind of messages?

Re: Logitech G15 v2 usb problems

The Logitech G15 keyboard does not have an appropriate USB hub and so it may not be able to draw enough power to power those USB devices. In my case, I never noticed such kind of problems while using Logitech M310 mouse through the G15 USB port. However I have seen that I am unable to use my WD external hard drive through the same USB ports.

I have used Logitech G15 keyboard at my friends place. I have seen that it can play a USB mouse if you connect it on the USB port of the keyboard but if you want to some external device than that isn't possible. This is because indeed it has USB 1.1 ports and not USB 2.0. There must be a strong reason why Logitech had used 1.1 ports instead of 2.0 ports. According to me, it is because the ports are designed fast enough for mouse receiver to have the excellent feature in gaming.

It could even happen if you have connected your Logitech G15 keyboard to a USB 1.1 port. Just connect it to USB 2.0 port and see if the problem reoccurs. You can even check it by going into the BIOS or into the jumper settings to make sure the USB ports is configured to provide the appropriate voltage. You can even confirm this with the motherboard manual. If you want you can even go to Device Manger > Under Universal Serial Bus > Double Click on USB Root HUB > Power. Here you will find how much power your keyboard is utilizing.

You can even use some other cable that utilizes 2 USB ports for connection. If you search for it, then you will find there are some cables that have 2 USB ports at one end that allows you to provide extra power to the device that consumes more power for operation. It has one extra pin to hook into your computer.