Thread: Harmony 550 remote reboot problem.

Harmony 550 remote reboot problem.

I have a Harmony 550 remote which is working well and sometimes, it is going out of way, however just every time when I issue a macro command the remote restarts. I have changed the batteries with new, I have cleared the remote in well manner and also reprogrammed it. I decided to make call for help to the Logitech and they requires $30 to communicate with anybody (what customer service!). If somebody can help that would be appreciated , I am at my last step before trashing the remote and going to purchase another one...

In advance thanks for your time and help......

Re: Harmony 550 remote reboot problem.

Yeah ! I am getting that you have done all of things means you have done replacement of the battery and all of things but you know you can solve this issue with another way. This is causing just because, it requires the updates and you should go for the updation of firmware and I am sure, it would be helpful for you to continue in proper way with your device. Go for firmware updates ..

Dr. V Guest

Hi netorious- I am considering about your issue, no one discussed about this problem before. We need some information about this, would you tell me more about this because that would be helpful for us to measure the issue. . I am not getting one thing , What are these "macros" which have been causing this issue and what makes you think that free Logitech support is not available? There is an e-mail form for sending issues to them, at the end of the common Troubleshoot in the program. Also there is commonly a tab for Contact in the guidelines Center.

We have recently purchased a used Harmony 550 remote from a friend and are going to get it working. We have downloaded the software from the official site and tried to upload this to the device and receiving the following message continuously .

The file is 65536 bytes.
    Updating region
    Uploading data: 1 attempt(s)
    Uploading data: 2 attempt(s)
    Terminating communication
    Terminating communication - Successful
    Updating region : HIDServiceExceptionFirmwareUpdateFailed - The information was not sent. Check your USB cable and try again. If the problem persists, contact customer service.
    Finished
    It says
    Step failed Updating region : HIDServiceExceptionFirmwareUpdateFailed - The information was not sent. Check your USB cable and try again. If the problem persists, contact customer service.
    Step 4 of 5 Rebooting Harmony Remote
    and stops.
    Do you have any idea about this problem and you got this like before ???

hey dear,

If you get this error and just look into the error message then you will automatically measure the applicable solution or this issue because everything described in the error message..

There are a lot of ideas! You should just try with another usb cable and you should go for the connection with a different USB port. You have to make disable entire firewalls settings and as well as functionality of antivirus software on your machine , also on a wireless router you might have. Bypass the router and plug the modem directly with your computer system . If everything getting failed then you should do as suggested by the customer service.