Thread: Will Logitech G35 headset work on a Mac system?

Will Logitech G35 headset work on a Mac system?

Hello there, I have a Macbook Pro installed with Mac OS X 10.5 on it. I want to buy a new headset for my Macbook and hence need your suggestions. I have heard that the new G series will be compatible with Mac systems and hence I want to know if Logitech G35 headset will work on Mac system or not? Please share some information about the topic which will help me in deciding the right product.

Re: Will Logitech G35 headset work on a Mac system?

I dont think the Logitech G35 headphones will work on the Macbook Pro. Logitech has announced the support for Mac systems only for the products which will be released recently. Logitech G35 has released long time back hence the support for the Mac system is not guaranteed. You will be able to use the headset on you Macbook if there are some drivers available in future.

I am using the New Logitech G35 headset on my Mac Pro and it is working properly. All the buttons on the headset work properly for the control assigned. The volume control and the mute button were not working previously but after tweaking with the configuration, they started working without any problems. Hence I will suggest that you go ahead and buy the headphones for yourself as they work on Mac system without any problems.

Using a Logitech G35 headsets on the Mac system is a bad idea. I had bought the headset for myself but I was not able to make use of all the features of the headset. The quality of the sound output of the headset on the Mac system is horrible. I use ventrilo while playing games and the mic input and output in Mac system was very low. So buy a headset which is compatible to the system so that you are able to make use of all the features of the device.

As you have mentioned that the headset is not working properly on a Mac system, so I want to know if it is due to the operating system or the hardware of Mac system? Can I use the headset by using a Virtual machine application on a Mac system? please help.

Virtual machine application will not help in using the headphones on the computer. The headsets are not working properly on the system because of the operating system. Hence there is no use in trying to install the virtual machine application on the system to make the headphones work as the environment will be the same operating system. Get a new headphones which are really compatible with the operating system which you were using.

Currently I am using a Macbook pro powered by an intel 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and installed with 10.6.2. I am running Windows Xp on the MBP using bootcamp and the headsets work properly in Windows XP environment. Therefore I dont see any problems while using Headsets in Windows XP.