Thread: Static noise on Logitech G35 headset

Static noise on Logitech G35 headset

I have a desktop computer which has Windows Vista 64 bit installed on it. Recently I bought a Logitech G-35 headset for connecting it to the computer but there are some problems faced by me. The headsets when connected to the computer, give a static noise frequently. For example, when any application is starting, a loud static interference is heard. Does this mean the headphones are faulty? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Static noise on Logitech G35 headset

Is there any mobile device kept in close vicinity of the headset? If yes then it could be the reason behind the static noise. The mobile device when searches for the available signal, it causes static noise in Audio devices. Hence if there is any mobile device in close vicinity of the headset, move it away from the headset and then check if the same problem continues or not.

There is a high possibility that the headphones are faulty and hence the static noise is heard on the computer. If there is slight problem in the headphones, it will not be able to create the sound properly which will result in static noise. Hence it will be better if you get the headset checked by some technician at the authorized service center and get it replaced if the headset is faulty.

Change the USB port on which headset is connected and see if the static noise still persists or not. It is possible that the USB port on which the headset is connected is faulty and causing leakage in the signal. Leakage in the USB port causes the Static noise in the headphones. Hence change the port and see if the static noise is persistent or not.

Have you configured all the sound settings on the system? For the logitech G-35 headphones to work properly, the audio settings on the system should be configured properly. Hence check the audio settings on the system and configure the audio settings as required and then check the performance of the Headset on the system.

The operating system which you are using is 64 bit. Hence the drivers to be installed on the computer are different for the 64 bit operating system. Download the latest drivers which are available for the Logitech G35 headphones for the 64 bit operating system and install it on the system. After installing the latest drivers the static noise should not be heard.

As suggested I searched for the drivers for the Windows Vista 64 bit and downloaded them on the computer. After installing the appropriate drivers on the computer, the headset is working properly without any problems. I had to remove the earlier drivers before installing the new drivers.