Thread: Mic issue after adding Logitech Quickcam Traveler

Mic issue after adding Logitech Quickcam Traveler

I wonder if someone can help me here is my problem yesterday I wanted to start my webcam with a friend msn messenger 2009 but added that the connection is but I see the person with whom I speak but not able to send a voice message. He cannot hear me. I have old Windows XP system. I had recently added Internet on this system for video chatting. So for that I had purchased Logitech Quickcam Traveler device. But after installing that my mic is not working. This has not happened suddenly. After some days the mic has stopped working.

Re: Mic issue after adding Logitech Quickcam Traveler

Here is the way to check your mice. Go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Advanced button and then click on Options > Advanced Controls. Click on the Advanced button under the microphone. In the window of advanced microphone go to other settings and then uncheck the first box. Now you can click on Sound recorder under accessories to check weather this is working or not.

I had the same problem. That can be fixed by configuring setting on volume. Click on the volume control panel and then on options, properties. You can also access this my Start > Control panel. I selected the button and check advanced appears in the microphone area. I click on it and I traded the selection in other settings. I had set all things on full and now it works.

I fixed my problem by re-installing the sound driver. I had first uninstalled the sound card and then re-installed it back. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In that right click on the mic and then click uninstall reboot your system after that. Windows will detect the mic automatically and install drivers for the same. Keep you automatic update on.

I also have a small problem with my micro. I have done everything that has been previously advised before writing this post. My microphone is detected on my computer but does not work. I had installed latest drivers also. I think the mic is not working. I will need some replacement for the same. I am going to buy a headphone that comes with mic support.

Well, I had the same problem as you. I managed to redo my mic that functioned more. Here is the solution for that. Click on Start Menu and click on Control Panel. Now look for Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices and then click on Adjust the system volume. You will find audio settings here. After that go in Audio > Audio Recording > Volume. Check weather this is full or not.

Check in Device Management that your microphone is working correctly, look at the settings in your microphone settings MSN if you use it. Tt could be your firewall if you disconnect and reconnect you. Also look in the volume control. The Advanced Options in volume control can provide you some better troubleshooting support on the same. Change the mic simply.