Thread: Logitech G15 Media Keys & iTunes

Logitech G15 Media Keys & iTunes

I have had a G15 for over a year now but I am having some tribulations with the Media keys for changing tracks when using Itunes. It works fine when itunes is in the active window but as soon as I click on a different program and try to modify track it won't change. I have the latest version of itunes and the latest G15 software. Also provide me with the detailed information of the Media Keys. Hope that someone will help me soon as possible.

Re: Logitech G15 Media Keys & iTunes

The following solutions will definitely help you :
    • Click on Start then Run and enter services.msc check that the service Hid Input Service is started in auto mode. If this is not the case the start (right click start then right click properties startup drive).
    • Open the producer of the registry (regedit and then execute) and go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ hidserv \ Parameters
    Creating a key-type string value called Extensible ServiceDll with value% systemroot% \ system32 \ hidserv.dll

The below steps mentioned may help you :
    1. go to the itunes folder
    2. open it
    3. make a new folder Called Plug-Ins
    4. mmKeys.dll downloade this file from icecode.dk notbedwell.com
    5. Place the file in the folder
    6. restart itunes

I confirm that it works but the problem is that it does not work with Itunes bottom spot.

But what interests us a little more today is the new keyboard of a leading member of the peripheral market, I called Logitech. The manufacturer has been designing for many years of peripherals for the game: flying, joysticks, joystick or mouse. Recently, it has a keyboard that added to the catalog of the company: the G15 Gaming Keyboard. On unpacking, it is not to say we were very impressed by the size of the beast: 55 cm long, 30 cm wide ... Both provide a large desk ... Everything is quite heavy and inspires more confidence about the robustness. The wrist rest is included for its share of hard rubber, pleasant enough in itself.

At first glance, the G15 looks like another keyboard with a numeric keypad and shortcut keys for multimedia functions. This will please some and disappoint others. But behind this facade, the manufacturer has placed the package, particularly in terms of functionality. Under her black dress and trendy metal, are a host of programmable shortcuts, two USB, desktop patterns and "gamer", a blue adjustable a very relaxing (and very useful to quickly find the right key) and that a central LCD screen to deliver information to the player. But the most striking at first is size. Very large, you will find it hard to put keyboard and mouse if you only use a small pull-out desk. But is the price to pay to collect on a single product, the functionality of the office and those running the games most in need shortcuts.

At the rear of the G15 are also two USB ports. What connect the receiver to the wireless mouse and a headset. Ready to begin the battle! Small grooves on the keyboard will also be stored son superfluous or guide them so they do not hang around. But what really differentiates the G15 its competitors, it is mainly the integration of an LCD screen located on the top of the keyboard, just above the media controls. You can even close, which will protect during transport. And this is not an LCD like the others. It is also programmable! The applets are downloaded from the internet and you can have more whenever you want, information you want: clock indicating the time and e-mails, view of computer performance (CPU and RAM ), display of music information such as iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player and others, and the profiles used. This screen allows even in some games (not many yet, but more are coming!) To interact with his teammates virtual instant messaging.

At the end of the installation of the drivers provided, the software will scan your machine to search for games compatible with this feature. And that's the rub: some games are actually compatible. We will give you a concrete example with Battlefield 2. The game seems to be natively recognized: a profile is created automatically. Via the software it permits us to record macros. We start by creating one directly in the game The maneuver is quite simple: selection of a weapon, not forward, not backward. The recording takes place without worries, but can not run the macro. The only solution is to record the macro from the software. Regarding the management of the screen, nothing fantastic since it just prints "Battlefield 2 Profile loaded" ...