Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010

Logitech G15 (blue) random "restarting"

Here, I have a big problem (I am writing from another computer). Last week after more than six months of faithful service, my G15 keyboard has decided to no longer be recognized by my motherboard MSI K8N. Or is my motherboard that has decided to no longer recognize my keyboard. Anyway, suddenly, the symptoms: I start my PC, RAM is tested, and there KEYBOARD ERROR OR NOT FOUND. I am not able to fix this issue, so thought that someone from your side will help me in fixing this problem.

Last edited by Zia 7 : 08-06-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-06-2010

Re: Logitech G15 (blue) random "restarting"

I was facing the similar problem. I will explain the procedure in case other members would face the same problem. I possesses three Logitech products connected to my pc :
  • G15 keyboard
  • MX518 Optical Mouse
  • Cam Pro 5000
drivers downloaded from www.logitech.com tend to conflict with the install, without creating windows. It is therefore necessary to
  1. Install these drivers in a specific order
  2. Uninstall all logitech drivers and restart
  3. Install the keyboard driver first and restart
  4. Install the mouse driver and reboot
  5. Install the driver cam and restart
I want to make clear that the hotline Logitech is at the top and that they are very commercial, I propose replacing the keyboard if defective (if still under warranty) or a nice gesture on the trading price of a new keyboard when replacing.

Last edited by Sachit : 08-06-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-06-2010

That would be in your bios settings which are characteristically accessed using the delete key during boot up. These settings are very significant for system stability. This is especially true on the older DDR3 systems. You will need to copy and paste the template then fill it out substituting your bios settings for the ones that are showing as intimately as feasible. I think that this hint will help you for sure.
Old 08-06-2010

Mainly of your Windows Updates has abortive lot of times also lot of Internet Explorer crashes. Also PnPRequestAdditionalSoftware Errors a lot of them. PnP I deem its Plug and Play devices. Most it indicates Hardware issues as far as I know. My suggestion would be to eliminate your Webcam software and drivers entirely and leave the computer without CAM and see whether you have any crashes. Endeavor to run the Windows Update and see whether it updates or crashes the System. If it crashes make sure you note the Error code and post it there. Also I would recommend removing Nokia PC Suite since lot of crashes has happened because of that. Also eliminate your PC Tools Security Service.
Old 08-06-2010

Try to do the following steps :
  1. Plug-n-Play devices are strategy that can be attached without rebooting the computer. USB devices are Plug-n-Play; IDE hard drives and PCI cards are not.
  2. Just disconnect it. In that manner, Windows will not reinstall the drivers for it.
  3. If we find the Nokia PC Suite is causing the issue, you can settle on: would you rather have the restarting and crashing, or the program?
  4. See if the program is listed in Revo Uninstaller.
  5. Type windows update in the start menu.
Hope you get some help from this.!!
Old 10-06-2010

Logitech was one of the first manufacturers to offer a mouse specially dedicated to PC gamers, offering accuracy and improved performance for a reasonable price. The keyboard and mouse-G15 retains these qualities, very good fit for "G" series inaugurated by the mouse G5 laser sensor and was followed by the wireless version, the G7. With the G15, Logitech once again demonstrates its expertise in devices, keyboard side this time. In short, Logitech pushes far the concept of keyboard players. We like its versatility, its look and feature numerous effective. One criticism: the palm rest a little light and too low. Apart from that, Logitech offers gamers the opportunity to acquire a robust and innovative product which they can no longer happen.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,