Thread: Logitech QuickCam E3500 Mic problem!!

Logitech QuickCam E3500 Mic problem!!

Hello everyone, I am having the Logitech E-3500, which was gifted to me by my cousin. The camera quality is average I would say that not bad, it takes good and fairly decent pictures. But of course now here are many webcam to surpass in features and quality, but this camera was when I gave one of the best. But recently I have started facing an issues with the mic. Does anyone have solution to fix this problem.?? Please help me fast because I use mic regularly.

Re: Logitech QuickCam E3500 Mic problem!!

I would like to recommend you to install the latest drivers for the Logitech QuickCam E3500. You can get the latest drivers on logitech.com which is an official site for installing the drivers.!! There are chances that if there is any software issue of your mic then it will get fixed by updating the drivers. And if there is hardware issue (many times the internal wire of mic gets disconnected), then you will have to show it to hardware engineer or will have to go for another mic.!!

To conclude if there is software available for Logitech products with Windows 7 :
    1. Go to the Product Support page.
    2. Click the product category.
    3. Situate the image of the product.
    4. If two images are analogous, check your selection by comparing the model number (M / N) in the product. Normally, the M / N is :
      • Speakers: In the underneath or back of the product.
      • Keyboards and mice in a label inside the battery section, beneath the battery or the bottom of the product.
      • Headphones and headsets: Behind the foam pads or under the headband.
      • Web Cam: A label on the USB end of cable.
      • Other products: In the bottom or back of the product.
    5. Click on the picture of the product.
    Last edited by Zane; 08-06-2010 at 03:15 AM.

However, I have found a dissimilar solution. I plugged the webcam into my additional computer which is an apple emac. It worked devoid of me having to install any software or drivers. The emac just recognizes the webcam as a "USB webcam". Otherwise you can try the following things :
    Control Panel | Sounds and Audio Devices | Voice Recording,
    Where the Logitech microphone should have a inventory for "microphone". It does not, it only has a listing for "capture".I think that the QuickCam software is good with "capture". But Skype is looking for "microphone" which is why it does not work.!!

Specifies which cameras are compatible with native Windows XP drivers (installed with the operating system), and which are compatible with Windows XP and the QuickCam software. It also provides information on the use of video cameras with Logitech software installed during the installation of Windows XP. The latest software versions available for download from official website, can solve many problems of use. The software version currently used is indicated in the name of the product.
    1. Camera compatibility with Windows XP
    2. Software installed with Windows XP
      • Control Panel Windows Scanner and Camera
      • Paint
      • Windows Movie Maker
      • MSN Messenger

Cam logitech had to be because it is a brand that gives me confidence, quality and reasonable prices. My previous cams were already made this mark and so are my keyboard and mouse and have not given me any problems. I hesitated between 2500 and 3500 but now I buy the latest posts no? In addition it has more advantages. Aesthetics: It's exactly as you see in the picture, black and round, following the shape of the brand. Button for capturing photos. SUPPORT: It is very easy to put on the screen, in my case is flat and you just have to adjust the clamp on the base. It is strong and can move the cam without moving the stand. FEATURES: Resolution VGA (640 x480 pixels) Live capture up to 960x720. Built-in microphone to 1.3megas Photography Manual focuses Video capture 1.8m USB Cable.