Thread: Logitech harmony 670 Problems

Logitech harmony 670 Problems

Hello, I have one week since the remote in my possession. I bought it because I did not want to fight with my 4 remotes (TV, DVD, VHS, and Freebox V4). I chose this remote because it could control my freebox V4. In fact, all the range of logitech harmony remote can control all the freebox (finally V4 and V5). So my friends recommended me for the Logitech Harmony 670, but I have heard that it is having some issues.!! I thought that you guys must be knowing about it. Please suggest me whether I should got for it or not.? Also tell me about the features that it is having.! Hoping that someone will help me soon.

Re: Logitech harmony 670 Problems

Designed exclusively for users of digital video recorders, the Harmony 670 features expedient controls that can easily control the TiVO and other admired models. The indispensable buttons like Record, Play, Pause, Skip Forward and a directional pad are centrally located for nippy use, while the buttons of its image and help you to master easily configured. The Harmony 670 Advanced Universal Remote Control is a control that simplifies digital video recorders with a single remote. Commands by activity to facilitate the management of your home entertainment system as a whole. Just press a button color code activity, such as "Watch Movie", and the remote will turn on your TV, DVD player and stereo receiver, set before all input and press Play.

I think that you have make the correct decision. Instead of many remotes you can use only this. The following are some features of Logitech harmony 670 :
    • The help key gives everyone, even children, easy access to programming.
    • Simply press the control activities in the color code to configure the components of your home theater of your choice for the chosen activity.
    • Designed for digital recorders with the most used commands located within reach of the thumb.
    • The backlit keys are easy to see and use: No need to search for the right button to access your entertainment.

The software versions that they make available on the Internet have previously been tested and verified compatibility. Many reasons can be the source of your installation problems. First check the compatibility of software with your operating system. Often, programs running in the background (such as antivirus or instant messaging applications) remain open during installation, which interferes with the smooth process, even in the absence of any message error. Be sure to close these programs before starting the installation. If the installation was interrupted before the end, it is important to remove the files before you try to install the software. You will find the latest software versions on website at www.logitech.com.

I would like to suggest this remote because it could control your freebox V4. In fact all the range of logitech harmony remote can control all the freebox (finally V4 and V5).
    1. Allows you to control my freebox (not obvious to find all the same)
    2. Fully customizable
    3. We can set up activitées which allows a single button to turn the TV on and select the correct freebox entered online. In fact these activities are programmed by the user in a straightforward manner (for advanced user all the same)
    4. Database very important gear supported by logitech, my dvd player even low-end and any brand has to be recognized without problem stinks. This database is recuperative Internet.
    5. Programming Internet with a specific software logitech allowing just had a database always up to date.
    6. If there is a problem port IR receiver that allows learning from the original remote
    7. Value for money very good.

I think that it is good universal remote that can be fully customizable and with the same gear with brands that are very rare. By cons attention has the configuration is simple if you leave the default but can be complicated for developing more precise.
    • It seems all the same fragile and finish is average.
    • Certain key noisy.
    • The assembly creaks.
    • Program Internet required (if no connection no programming)
    • You must pass all the same time if you want to change the default settings to really set the remote as you want.

Many people don’t know about the finding information on Logitech. A PDF version of the Quick Start Guide supplied with their products and manuals for various products are available in on their website at knowledge base. Hope that you get all your solutions from there.