Thread: Resetting a Logitech Harmony 525

Resetting a Logitech Harmony 525

I am having some problems with the Logitech Harmony 525. I have inserted some information into that which I think to change. I have tried many ways but I am not getting success into that. Now I am trying to delete that but not able to do it. So thought that you guys must be knowing about it.!! Please help me by providing an information about resetting the Logitech Harmony 525..

Re: Resetting a Logitech Harmony 525

The fastest and an easiest way is to generate a fresh account and just program it correctly there and then later you will have to update your remote. Else you can see an icon of little trash next to each activity, you will have to click on that. After clicking on that you'll find back to square one. Hope that these hints will help you in resetting your Logitech Harmony 525.

Harmony does not know when it sends a signal "turns on the TV" if it is well lit - unless it has lighted with it. This feature would be the magic formula to change from the "Help", since the code it sends is different from the "standby" (ie does not extinguish the TV if it is "on"). Input Next to me is to display the menu entries, then to select the entry I use the down arrow and then the OK button to confirm the selection. And as the 555 always knows the selected entry will send the command "down arrow" as many times as necessary.

Having installed the Harmony Remote (for Mac / PC), the basic configuration of the remote control takes place in five stages :
    1. Login Information: Create your login information.
    2. Checking Connections: Test connection between the remote and your computer.
    3. Installation of devices: Communicate information about your system.
    4. Establishment of Operations: Contact information on the group functioning of your devices for your business.
    5. Update the remote control: Update your remote with your personal configuration.

Establishment of Operations, in other words, you determine what are the devices that must be on when you want to watch such as a DVD (video channel 2 TV, DVD player, the 5.1 system). In my case I chose the following activities :
    • Watching TV (TV Only on)
    • TV + LiteOn (TV, LiteOn [which is the hallmark of my digital video recorder] lit)
    • LiteOn TV + 5.1 (same as above but with the kit 05/01 on)
    • Watch DVD (TV, DVD player and 5.1 kit on)
    • MacBook (which allows me to control my laptop)

The provision of activities is changed, it is possible to display up to 6 activities on the screen. In the photo above I chose the display "great" that allows me to display more text and only 3 activities per "page".

Update your new "activities" on your Harmony 525. You must then disconnect the remote and check if everything works properly, if this is not the case, it is possible to edit your work. Update in the remote takes place in just over a minute. After completing these five sequences, one can consider that the remote is configured for basic use but without access to advanced options offered by the Harmony 525. Introduction of your personal information and your level of knowledge in the hardware configuration in order to better tailor the phases of configuration to your level.

Once the basic configuration, you should certainly go through the advanced configuration. Indeed, it is almost certain that your Logitech will not be able to send some commands that you normally use your old remote. Do not worry, it is possible to learn the missing commands to your Harmony. The procedure is simple, just select the drive you want to add one or more actions and click on "Learn IR commands". These new commands can be assigned to an existing button on the remote or you can create new on the LCD screen (6 per page). It is possible to scroll left or right using the arrows located below the screen, allowing you to add a number of virtual buttons.