Thread: Drivers for logitech X 540

Drivers for logitech X 540

I was using the Windows Vista from last 4 months on which i had connected my logitech X 540 speakers but recently i uninstalled the vista operating system and have got 64 bit Windows XP on my computer. Now the problem is that i am not able to find out the CD for installing the drivers for my speakers. Can anybody tell from where i can get the drivers now?

Re: Drivers for logitech X 540

I think the logitech X 540 are speakers which you can connect with any player and that is a different thing that you have connected this speakers with your computer system. I just want to clarify that the speakers are just made for outputting the sound so they are just connected to an audio output of any device from where they can get the sound to deliver. This means that any speakers does not need any kind of drivers.

Suppose you have bought one good set of speakers such as logitech X 540 and you connect them with the DVD player st your home no matter which player it is but i guess you would be able to hear the sound without any problem from that DVD Player. So it is the device which is playing (in fact reading) an audio files that asks for drivers and not the speakers. So you need to install the audio drivers for your windows xp.

I think you have not uninstalled the vista drivers from your computer completely which might be disturbing the xp drivers and because of which an audio driver for xp operating system are not supporting for outputting sound for your Logitech speakers. I suggest you to reinstall the drivers on your computer system and it would be better if you install it by using an automated CD of Windows XP.

I think you should first uninstall all the driver from your computer system no matter it is of Windows XP or Windows Vista. As if there would any wrong drivers installed on your computer then it would get removed. Now you may begin with an installation but make sure that you are installing the drivers for the same version as of your windows os.
    As if it is 64 bit version then install the drivers of 64 bit windows only.

Update your product LOGITECH X-540. Find and download the driver or driver LOGITECH X-540. Make updates: bios or firmware to ensure optimal operation of LOGITECH X-540 and benefit from new features. Before you update your product, it is important to be aware of the procedure recommended by the manufacturer Logitech. You can consult the recommendations in the manual, technical manual or user guide or installation of Logitech X-540.

I was having an exactly the same problem with my x-540 and my x-fi sound card I just received today, and I can not identify the source of the problem.
    I have a solution for you. with your 5.1 you have been sold an adapter that has three female 3.5mm jack, you plug the 3 male branch of the box, then you need a RCA cable / jack that you are less than Rs. 180. You connected jack and your pc has a RCA adapter.