Thread: How To Recover Intel RAID "Non-Member Disk" Error

How To Recover Intel RAID "Non-Member Disk" Error

I am certain has been here but in view of the information that the changes to the searching of the site I be able to no longer go back additional than 5 pages and I have lost tons of info for the reason that I failed to bookmark or donate to. Here is an innovative attempt at fixing this as I presently lost and recovered my Intel RAID0 Array without loss of information. I have the Gigabyte UD3P and it has the Intel ICH10R chipset which has given me, as others out there on the interwebz, a number of troubles with an unsuspecting achievement such as a reboot, BIOS Flash or OC'ing crash and leaving 1 or additional of your drives in the RAID Array at present showing "Non-Member Disk". How to fix this problem.

Re: How To Recover Intel RAID "Non-Member Disk" Error

Fundamentally this means it's lost its RAID arrangement and you presently got through your 3rd time with this problem. The prior 2 times you were not capable to locate info and have to "bite the bullet" and re-established your collection from scratch and installing the whole thing again. Moderately a PITA. Again tonight, subsequent to a BIOS Flash and restart on your UD3P, you saw in the RAID BIOS again the "Non-Member Disk" flag and your collection in "breakdown" mode Fear not. Not excavation but you establish them and followed them to a T and extraordinarily they worked similar to a charm. Your RAID0 is back and no information loss.

To get the following lost data you have to first reset together HDs to non-associate using Intel BIOS function - the utility warns that the entire information determine to be lost - in information merely metadata is lost and be able to be recreated. Then you have to generate an innovative array with identical settings as the broken down array. It is dangerous that the HDs are in the array the similar order as previous to. I was reconnecting the drives more than a few times and lost track of accurate order. For the reason that of that I had to go from side to side the steps two times (I guessed incorrect the first time). You have to get TestDisk I used Windows version (I installed an innovative Vista on a separate HD for this function). Then you have to run TestDisk according to it steps. If your HDs are connected in accurate order, TestDisk be supposed to find the lost partition(s) within a few seconds.

You be able to recover the entire of your information but you are struggling to get vista 64 to boot, managed it previously but it at present gets to the part where the load in bar comes up the restarts. Any ideas. You be able to recover the information at present as everything shows on the recovery disk's command prompt. The vista startup repair fails for the reason that of bad drivers, what drivers do I necessitate.

when you turned your rig on with your WM phone synced and altering. It engrave your raid array and your drives were presenting as non member. You tried the whole thing you might believe of, but this fixed it right up. You be able to say this absolutely runs. Your RAID has been giving you problem recently (in view of the fact that taken it out temporarily) and did this almost certainly a dozen times. Absolutely safe to do and be able to be scary at first, but it determine to work. You critically wish you be familiar with this back in January when it would not boot and you had to reformat and lost about 2 months worth of substance.

You have to bring up to date to the innovative position concerning Win7 as well the 3 commands wanted to get the Vista boot executive running once you have to reset the RAID config. This runs with Win7 but the direction-finding to the Command Prompt in the recovery console is a bit additional `hidden` but have it go from side to side repair and when asked subsequent to it states it's fixed impressive hit no and go to the recovery tools area where you determine to locate the Command Prompt alternative.

I am trying to utilize this explanation to my difficulty, but I cannot boot to my spare drive when the motherboard is in RAID mode. It immediately crashes on windows startup. If I twist raid off in the bios then I be able to boot to it, but then test disk merely observes every drive individually and not as a raid, so it cannot locate several partitions. I be able to do a number of gaming, as an alternative of bothering with reinstallation/arrangement and what not of fresh OS install. Of course this might not occur without great help.