Thread: AMD Overdrive or BIOS?

AMD Overdrive or BIOS?

Hello,
    I have a DDR3 Ram purchased according to the manufacturer's specification of 1.65 V is to function. Unfortunately, the two modules run but only if I do in the BIOS with 1.75V and as DDR3 1066 'm running. Now I noticed the following: AMD Overdrive with calls as DRAM a different value than what is set in the Bios. Can it be that my motherboard / BIOS bug and has not properly adjusting the tension? This would also explain why my memory of the alleged 1.65 V according to the BIOS is not really. I have times when AMD Overdrive test the voltage set to 1.69 V, which in the display of rich ASRock OC Tools 2.05 V corresponds. The manufacturers specifications ran the store with the wonderful. Am I correct with this? If I am wrong then please correct me with the configuration.

Re: AMD Overdrive or BIOS?

So that your PC starts even when the memory at 1.75 V and 2.05V is in running status, I think is almost impossible. Do a BIOS reset, adjusting the memory in the BIOS to 1.65V, 9-9-9-24 latencies and to 1333Mhz. Trust preferred the motherboard, rather than those programs. I guess you have understood what I am trying to explain here. I do not think that this is possible. Please check your configuration correctly.

I think this is normal that you have not achieved the voltage that is set to your computer. But adjusted mean 1.65 and 1.48 would only find out that a couple of capacitors have been greatly diminished. The board must have been nearly two years old and / or used AsRock just not always the best parts. Have a look how many frequencies come out if you set V 1.75. How high can you go anyway? I'd Board setting boot so far up I rest against 1.7 + V to the RAM.

Can not be run this OCZ on your board right? Designation with Ram list control of Asrock. I used to have not just taken on it and had a set of bars from OCZ, on my DFI or Asus board did not want to walk. You could also read out the memory voltage with Everest. I'd not necessarily always rely on the values of a program. I guess I am correct here.

BIOS reset, I've already done several times, with the timings I'm already far enough. The use is unfortunately nothing. 1.65 V in the BIOS (1.48 V AMD Overdrive) starts the PC, if the RAM is set as 1066. With Prime95 will then sooner or later Freeze the computer. At 1.75 V in the BIOS (1.53, according to AMD Overdrive) of RAM is stable as 1066, when it comes 1333er usually already in the boot to freeze. At 2.05 V in the BIOS (1.69 V AMD Overdrive) of RAM is fully stable. The only question is when it is actually 2.05 V are adjacent, if I try the modules soon. Any more help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

You can read under the heading "sensors" the Vdimm. For Cpu-Z, as already suggested, I think, again, no division, where one could read the memory voltage. If you have the same memory), then this would, indeed, follows a time as 7-7-7-20-33-2T as 1333rd Voltage according Bios not more than 1.7 V. Something is with you in Argentina. If this really the bios for voltage 1.65 V creates an effective voltage of 1.48 V, I'd personally tend to go to the board.

Is version 5.5. also Should be the latest version. Did I already thought that AMD Overdrive only advises the tension "and at 1.48 V (about 1.5 V, SPD standard) is attached. Funny, then, is why AMD Overdrive to 2.05 V in the BIOS also displays a higher value. So something has to be measured Overdrive is yes." I wonder just where only this is the problem.

-Case 1: 1.65V DDR3 RAM is stable only to 2.05 V: These are provided at least 25% more voltage than. Here me the risk is simply too high, that in continuous operation for a few days or even RAM CPU breaks.

Case 2: BIOS set voltage values wrong, possibly a bug: too weird, my Google search found nothing comparable.