Thread: Using a PS3 controller for Portal / Steam

Using a PS3 controller for Portal / Steam

Hello everyone,
    I love to play the games but not have so much knowledge about the hardware's and all and I am going to try something new and I am sure, you all will help me to make my task successful. Anyone of you have any idea about as I stated in the title "Using a PS3 controller for Portal / Steam" , Is t possible ? If so then It would be amazing for me , I am thinking about this . Somebody here are aware about this concept , how to do this on mac

Re: Using a PS3 controller for Portal / Steam

Hey ! I haven't think about this before but you need not to worry about this. I have recently followed the Portal with the help of my PS3 controller.That was great experience during those moments . I watched this expert video on Youtube and explained very well to get it entirely functioning . He is going to make some chnages for the COD4, but this is the similar concept is also applied for Portal also and I wanted to share that video with you. Just watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KggbpRRjlc .

HI everyone, I am one of the member of this forum and always share my problems and if I have some proper solution then always keep me eyes for replies. Now, I am currently running with some issue and not getting any proper conclusion regarding this and I really need your help right now. I am currently using my PS3 controller for playing emulation games which performs a treat. I just have configured it up as a Bluetooth device. Then Why do you require the software to perform this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmi Mathen View Post
    I just have configured it up as a Bluetooth device. Then Why do you require the software to perform this ?
    ControllerMate is always used to map the keys and mouse to the PS3 controller. Now, Steam are coming up as the compatibility with the gamepads in this recently release of Steam on Mac. So According to the engineering experience , this software may become obsolete when Steam are getting applied for gamepad compatibility , but for the time being it authenticate the PS3 controller to be used with Steam games.

Thanks a lot for this very help deoWo, you are brilliant man ! I have been at running with this around 2 hours and have got everything functioning except I am unable to get the triggers to commit some tasks for shooting portals. When I am moving out of the game they work as the left and right click but when I am wondering in the game they wouldn't work because of some issues . I will keep at it but if you have any suggestion then that would really helpful for me.

Thanks again.