Thread: Alternative to Apple cinema display

Alternative to Apple cinema display

Hello,
    I would like to buy a new display as external monitor for my mbp. I was thinking to buy apple cinema display. bu it costs just over a rod over other 23 "or 24" displays come. Then also the fact that the good pieces a bit "aged", and in a few months with the new LED technology will be. But now I need a new display and therefore had no time to wait. Therefore my question whether there may be any alternative? I work with graphics programs and therefore to me is the brilliance of colors fastness / quite important. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Alternative to Apple cinema display

The Apple Cinema Display is actually not bad, just believe what is the possibility of connections. The ACD is a mini-display port, power connector and USB port ready - almost like a docking station. So not so much on the table connected nice and clean, including all the peripherals already connected to the monitor (would be optimal nor the audio connection).

Already there are some problems with apple cinema display regarding the display with DisplayPort, but no mini display port - now the question remains open on a cable, for this you can use additional adapter which will do the job for you. I used to have a Samsung display, which was really good, but I have also seen Eizo, Dell, these all are suitable. What else is important, of course: The design should go with the MacBook Pro, I do not think so.

I connect to the display I would prefer to put your DVI. I would take the adapter from Apple, Mini DisplayPort to DVI. Have you possibly ever watched the old cinema displays? Otherwise, as you said Dell has a very beautiful, but also makes good Eizo displays. but sometimes cost the same as Cinema displays. If you choose one of these manufacturers it can be a good alternative.

I have a Eizo SX 3031W. This has two DVI-Dual connections. Dual is not in this case, the two cables you need but the more wires in the cable bandwidth and therefore a higher resolution is possible. The Eizo ran until a few days to several Windows systems with the highest resolution, 2560x1600, and currently is via dual-link DVI adapter to my Mac Mini (2.53 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM) is connected. Also with 2560x1600. The quality of the monitor is not in question, and - as far as I can tell, the quality of the adapter is very well.

I can only agree to do exactly the same way. Apple 30''at the Mac mini. The discussion regarding image quality always comes up again. I think iPhone movies (640x360 or 640x480) at 30''scaled perfectly okay, I'm sitting even with the tip of the nose against the pane. 1GB per 1.5 hours are an unbeatable argument and if you encoded with HandBrake EyeTV instead it will be even battery Full-HD, is not that the resolution with half as many pixels as Apple's WQXGA resolution?

Hello,
    As to the original point, I think without an adapter is the selection of monitors already bad small, whether you like it or not. Unfortunately, Apple wants dollars for the part, but IMHO it's worth it, because you only have something like that choice. Sufficient for an HD, does the adapter 30 $ (single DVI).