Thread: How to make belkin storage manager work on leopard

How to make belkin storage manager work on leopard

I was looking further to distribution a hard drive (WD 1600 BO14) transversely my wireless network, plugged into the USB port on the router. I installed the Belkin Storage Manager software for OS X, yet uncommonly am capable to right of entry the hard drive from my MacBook. I regularly get a message that the disk "failed to mount". Irregularly it pops up as a shared drive on Finder and runs OK, although slowly. No troubles accessing it with the networked PCs . The drive in addition runs ok when plugged unswervingly into the MacBook. Belkin maintain not capable to resolve this problem can anybody help me.

Re: How to make belkin storage manager work on leopard

Similar here at individual point you get a message stating something regarding the drive obtainable locally, and you had to right of entry it as such. At present it presently tells you the drive failed to mount subsequent to a firmware improve to v2.01.06. Did you have some luck with your circumstances, Wongiranger. Prepare for publication it seems that it immediately started running by basically going through finder and clicking on your router.

when I necessitate to add a file as an accessory to an email, or import / export a file in an additional submission (eg. iPhoto). Then my shared apparatus - including the storage drive attached to the Belkin Router, demonstrate up in the "Choose Attachment" screen, and I have no trouble accessing them. Any ideas why the shared apparatus do not demonstrate in Finder but do when accessed through additional submission. File Sharing in System Preferences is facilitated.

I might have the explanation. I purchase the similar modem/router today and had the similar issue with my Mac. Via the assistance of Apple Care I originate out that you necessitate to set up the Router as a server in organize for it to be perceptible as a shared drive. To do the following you have to go to the Finder. Then you have to hit it off on 'Go' to the top of the page. After that you have to hit it off on 'Connect to Server'. Then you have to manually type smb://192.168.2.1 and hit it off on Connect. You determine to necessitate to type in the password of your set up for the router, and that be supposed to be work for you.

You have to download the most recent version or description bring up to date for Belkin N+ Wireless Router F5D8235-4 Storage Manager Software / Mac OS. For a sanitary installation, please eliminate the preceding version or description of Belkin N+ Wireless Router F5D8235-4 Storage Manager Software / Mac OS, if several present. A system restart is in addition suggested for most of driver installations. The Belkin N+ Wireless Router F5D8235-4 Storage Manager Software / Mac OS 1.0.0.20 is approved as Freeware for the Mac operating system / platform. The Belkin N+ Wireless Router F5D8235-4 Storage Manager Software / Mac OS are making available as a free download for the entire software users (Freeware).

The setup necessary is to install an agenda called "Belkin storage manager" on to every system in the network that wishes to right of entry the USB storage that is plugged into the modem router. Anyhow the modem router and wireless the entire run completely. And with a USB 2GB flash drive plugged in the entire systems be able to easily right of entry and write to the files on the USB drive which come into view on the My Computer screen as a network drive.

On the other hand, it presently does not run with the WD My Book 1TB necessary edition exterior USB hard drive I have. When the WD my book is plugged in to the modem router the USB storage LED on the frontage of the modem router remnants unlit. The WD drive comes into view to be powered off - no hard drive spinning sound, no shimmering blue light at the frontage. This drive runs extremely well when plugged unswervingly into several of my systems or my PS3. The WD My Book has not been formatted in view of the fact that it was purchased, checking on its properties reveals it is in FAT32. I have merely utilized XP Pro on my apparatus, and I have saved a PS3 back up on the drive.