Thread: Where to get a power cord for Airport Express

Where to get a power cord for Airport Express

I have a Airport Express with me which is quiet old. I am finding some issue in using this one. It is not powering up at all. It was working properly before but now when I plug the connection it is not detected. I think the power cord might have been damaged. How to fix that. I am soon planing to buy the Airport Extreme if this does work. I need some help on the same about its configuration and features.

Re: Where to get a power cord for Airport Express

You can try the same no ebay. Usually you get a AC power cable when you buy the device. It support the Macbook PSU connector. You have to look for that over internet to buy the cable. There are ample of sites which provides parts and accessories for apple. You can order one and try. But before that if you can just for temporary arrange a another cable the you can test weather the one you are using is working or not.

I think that is comes from the US power supplies. They provide the cable for the macbook with power supply products. If you can find the site of this then definitely you will get a power cable similar to that. They are also available on various retail outlet from where you can purchase the same. Or else also try ebay whichever you prefer for buying products.

That might cost you around $10. I had seen on ebay many people are selling their old products. You can also try to search for someone who might want to sell out of his Airport device. By that you can get the cable for that. The second way for that is visiting the Apple Store. The Apple Store provides all accessories. You can even contact apple care for the same.

Airport Extreme is a much nice device. The Wireless tab in the Airport lets you choose the mode either setting up a wireless network or extending a network or network WDS (Wireless Distribution Service) which allows to use multiple terminals to extend the Wi-Fi without connecting via an Ethernet cable. This tab also sets the network name under radio mode 802.11n compatible b / g.

Try to contact Apple care for the same. Recently my Airport device was not powering up. I called them and found a appropriate solution for the same. If your system comes under warranty then you can get a replacement or else you can order the accessories for that item. This is much easier than searching the products online on the internet or on any other area.

Airport Extreme is nicer now. But you must remember that first your computer must be equipped with the optional Wi-Fi 802.11b. Or else you will find difficulty in using this on your mac network. AirporT Extreme supports printer sharing, disk sharing, and parental controls. So if you want you can share a network or simply use the same for your home network. Rates high enough for a Wi-Fi router, significant release of heat while the power is separated.