Thread: Serial communicating for a motor controller through USB

Serial communicating for a motor controller through USB

Currently I am using isight for the capturing images of resistor, after that find the resistor through the color band recognition. After that a conveyor belt is used for transporting the resistor for an appropriate bin. I have found a unix code for capturing the information from isight, but the problem is that I have no idea related to the serial communicating for motors through the USB and I need help related to that.

Re: Serial communicating for a motor controller through USB

As far as I know utilizing the USB client in hardware is really pain, and this will require a good knowledge related to VHDL it is a hardware related language. I have the idea that you will try to buy the self chips, but for that you need to use the drivers that provided by the manufacturer and it is really very difficult when you try to integrate to the device.

If you want to know, there is an easier method for doing this, I will suggest you to use Micro-Controller that is having the required hardware according to your requirement. That contains the serial input or output and also the Pulse-width modulation for controlling the monitor. But if you want to do it by your means then in place of unix try to use C programming that will be more beneficial.

I am using a WiFi to the serial port convert that will work extremely well for the Mac and talk to the RS-232 serial port. I belong to group of Robotic field and it will work good with the Hero Robot that is having the RS-232 port for the purpose of statements and functioning. The product will make the Mac to the serial communication and it is developed by Data Hunter.

Through the terminal application on the Mac or from the command line, I am able to send the serial data. I have also tried to use the USB to serial connection and there is always a problem while getting them to work in a reliable manner. May be you are having the better luck compared to mine. Because I was not able to fix this, but that does not mean that I am not able to do the work then other cannot do it.