Thread: Epson Printer issue after Snow Leopard Upgrade

Epson Printer issue after Snow Leopard Upgrade

I am facing some issue in dealing with Epson Printer installation on Snow Leopard. I had upgraded my system and want to use this printer. First it was detected but when I give multiple pages it does not print. I removed and now I am planing to begin from scratch. But before that I would rather prefer to collect some information on the same. What are the solution for other printers also.

Re: Epson Printer issue after Snow Leopard Upgrade

Printing does not pose any major problem in OS X. Almost all printers work perfectly under the UNIX system from Apple. Snow Leopard installs a large number of printer drivers. If you go through the menu Customize during the installation phase of Snow Leopard the you can choose the specific printer you want. Indeed, no need to install the drivers for HP or Lexmark, if you have a Canon printer.

Epson printers does not yet have compatible driver for Snow Leopard. You can first try to locate the drivers from the manufacturer site for your printer model. You do not need to panic here. Snow Leopard installs the latest driver open-source Gutenprint which manages a large number of printers, allowing you to use your printer without hindrance in MAC OS X 10.6 even though some features will not be available.

Yes that is right. There are number of printers managed by Gutenprint, it is possible to access the supply levels which shows the level of ink cartridges for your printer. It is also possible to scan or send faxes if you have a multifunction printer. To view the functions available for your printer model, find the template in the list on the Apple site. Another new thing in Snow Leopard is that it checks automatically (if you are logged on the internet) that you have the latest driver for your printer.

First plug the printer into a USB port on your computer (almost all printers work in USB port these days). Turn on your printer and that's all. Mac PC will identify the printer and your printer will automatically configured by the system. You can then see a dialog box for Print. You can also find the same in menu under File in the finder bar. Now go to the dashboard Printers and faxes in System Preferences. Here are displayed all printers connected to your Mac and networking.

Go in Mac Networking option. You can see there the list of printer. You can add also here. To share a printer through a LAN, you will initially check the Printer Sharing option in the dashboard. You can access the dashboard Sharing by clicking right here on the button Sharing Preferences. Finally, you may access this panel to Options and Supplies which will show you driver version, ink levels, launch the utility etc.

If you have multiple printers, you can select one to be used by default by right-clicking (or CTRL + click) on the printer icon in the selected column Printers and along the menu Set default printer. I am suing Epson Perfection 1200 which is installed properly and worked as scanner also. If your printer does not seem to want to print, there may be a task not carried out properly or blocking the process of printing your printer. Just go to the spooler window and delete the task that blocks all.