Thread: Region 2 dvd movie on region 1 macbook

Region 2 dvd movie on region 1 macbook

I have heard that the VLC does not work on the newer macbooks. I do not know why this has been added in new macbooks but is it true or not? Actually it plays the title screen and then just gets shut off. Can anybody suggest me some other software which i can run on my macbook and please guys, I do not want to buy a new hardware.

Re: Region 2 dvd movie on region 1 macbook

I think it is possible to run the region 2 DVDs on your region 1 macbook. Actually you have to change the region of your macbook dvd drive. After changing the region of your dvd drive, You would be able to play all those DVDs which has region 2. But please not that you can change the region of your DVD only for 5 times.

Here i have provided the steps by which you can change the region of your DVD Drive.
    1. Go to the properties of Finder.
    2. There Should be System Profiler.
    3. Here you have to select for the DVD drive or DVD Rom.
    4. Now you may change the region from 1 to 2.

From my point of view, It is not possible to flash the dvd drive of mac they are the Matsushita Superdrive which are not able to update the firmware. Actually there are no latest firmwares. I guess you do not have any other choice other then buying a new drive or a dvd from your region.

There are many softwares which intercept the DVD before an operating system detects the region code of the DVD. Actually this software tricks with an operating system making it thinking that the DVD is of region 1 regardless of what is the real region of that particular DVD. By using these kind of software on your macbook, You would never feel any need of flashing the firmware of your drive.

I have seen something useful for you on rpc1.org, They have a thread made for a program called as Region X which is available as an universal binary. Actually Region allows you to change the region counter of your mac os x. Which means that your once you have changed the region for 3 or 4 times and your os says that you can not change the region anymore then you just have to run Region X and reset the region counter which resets the region counter of your os back to 0 so that you can further keep on changing the region.

I suggest you to use the Mac the Ripper which allows you to rip the contents of the DVD to your hard drive. Then in order to burn the new DVD from the content which you have ripped, use Toast. Mac The Ripper helps you to strip the region of the movie which you wish to write and it can also strips copy protection. Toast can shrink dual-layer movies to fit on a single-layer DVD with a reduction of quality.