Thread: Dell U2711 or Apple 24" refurb or wait

Dell U2711 or Apple 24" refurb or wait

Can you all help me . The Dell U2711 is on sale currently in only $799 and I am not much sure I am getting ready to buy it. Actually, I was just planning on purchasing a refurb Apple LED display that comes in $699 but for 100$ extra money,it is very tempting.

What's your idea about this friends ? Is the Dell comparable quality wise (I also work on the graphic design and all of things ). Or Should I wait for Apple eventually release a new monitor but I don't have any idea about the releases and all ..please share your views !!!!

Thanks.

Re: Dell U2711 or Apple 24" refurb or wait

According to me, you should not wait for these things and you should just get the Dell. It has got some much more reviews and uses the similar panel as 27" iMac. You should go just for this So this is absolutely gorgeous. There is no problems have been reported so far...

Thanks ...

He suggested you very well and I think, you should also go for that. Do you prefer the matte screen upon the glossy ? I want ask you one thing that Would the extra inputs be useful? If you feel as like that then it's mostly worth the extra $100 to go with the Dell. Just bear in mind that based on the category of Mac currently you are working upon . It with you should have to spring for a mini displayport adapter also, so you would have to factor that into the whole expense of the Dell.

Hey guys !!!
    Thanks for your help and support. I am currently working on a 2009 15" MacBook Pro and I don't take any stress of the glossy screen on it. There is one window in my office room ,So there should not be the issue of glare from the sun. I don't really require any advance inputs and found a very cheap place to purchase a display port to mini display port cable, I got so much suggestions and support from this forum.Thanks to all members...

I have purchased a Dell U2711. it contains a beautiful IPS panel. The colors seems very Lovely in comparison of the TN panel that I replaced. It contains a matte screen finish, and the monitor has the rather business-like pure black motif. But in the sense of performance, I am so glad. It consume near about 10 to 20 seconds after it first come out of sleep to come into the proper brightness, but it is not a big problem. Mostly, because it's using a CCFL back-light provided with a LED backlight and also a flash card reader and USB hub that are very convenient.

The Dell U2711 is on sale currently in only $799 and I am not much sure I am getting ready to buy it. Actually, I was just planning on purchasing a refurb Apple LED display that comes in $699 but for 100$ extra money,it is very tempting.What's your idea about this friends ? Is the Dell comparable quality wise (I also work on the graphic design and all of things ). Or Should I wait for Apple eventually release a new monitor but I don't have any idea about the releases and all....
    If you would need to go for 24" 16:10 ratio then just think about the Dell U2410. It can also be purchased with the same cost as a 'refurb' 24" AC but it is not glossy and contains a much wide wider color gamut...

I am working upon the U2410 and like to do it. I have a 2009 MBP and purchased a mini DP to complete size DP cable from monoprice site to ignore with the help of any adapters and it is wonderful. It really makes the small size of mini DP worth this not containing a large DVI or even HDMI cable hanging off my machine.