Thread: Can RAID card work on Macbook Pro

Can RAID card work on Macbook Pro

I have a Macbook pro and i have bought an Accusys RAID card. I have confirmed it with the accusys that this card can work with my mac pro but when i tried to install it then found that an "iPass" cable is not long enough to reach the RAID card. Now what could i do to make my RAID card reachable up to my mac pro's motherboard.

Re: Can RAID card work on Macbook Pro

I have chat with an Accusys about this configuration ad have found that the you have to switch the bay 1 and bay 2 hard drive connectors which makes much closer for your iPass cable to reach the RAID card. I guess you would be able to do these settings on your macbook. Still i am bit confused that how will it work on macbook but anyways at least you have got an answer about connecting it.

I guess even if you successfully connect your macbook pro with the RAID card, It would be bit impossible to make it working as apple have not yet given any kind of device driver in the mac operating system which helps you to make this thing working. There must be some other ways as well but sorry say that i do not have any ideas about those ways.

I know that an apple have not provided any device driver which makes your mac working with the RAID card. You just need to have following things to enable our bootable feature.
    • Intel Mac Pro
    • disk drives up to 4 or you may have only 1.
    • Accusys 61000 4 bay controller.
    • One to 4 Mini SAS cable.
    • A host OS disk drive that came with the Intel Mac Pro.
    • A power supply giving power to the hard drives while installing.
    Last edited by Fabian; 26-05-2010 at 03:48 PM.

I guess your problem has been solved by switching the place of your hard drive as there would become some space which you may use for your RAID card. But i would like to make you sure that you have be bit careful while opening the screws as i have lost my screws two time while opening it. Actually it easily gets inside of computer.

I suggest you to use MaxConnect SAS/ SATA Link which has been made in order to connect four internal disk drive bays of the Mac Pro with the PCI Express SAS or SATA Controller which would be installed in PCI Express Expansion Slot. I think this must be useful for you and for more informations you may visit the maxupgrades.com and search there for the same maxconnect.

Here i have given you an Installation procedure as follows.
    1. Insert 61000 controller into the Mac Pro and use SAS cable for connecting disk drive. Do not reroute the iPath yet.
    2. Boot the system by using local host drive and system would be detecting the 61000 controller.
    3. Update the SystemCode, Bootcode, EFI/, Mac OS Drivers to the latest version.
    4. Open up our RAIDGuard X Gui. Use the create RAID function to create the
    5. array volume.
    6. Noe use the Disk Utility function to restore/clone the Mac OS from the local drive onto this RAID array.
    7. Add an Array drives that were attached to 61000 controller by replacing Local Host drive by using SAS cable. Re-route the iPath and connect it to our controller.