Thread: Cleaning Magic Mouse

Cleaning Magic Mouse

I have MacBook Pro which has Mac OS X installed in it. One of my friends play with my magic mouse after eating nachos. Now, the mouse is fat and become greasy and smells like salsa. How can I effectively clean the mouse and remove the smell? Thank you guys. Please help me with Cleaning Magic Mouse.
    Thank you.

Re: Cleaning Magic Mouse

If your Apple Mouse is covered in fingerprints or its surface has become soiled, you can gently wipe it with a clean, lint-free cloth. If necessary, moisten the cloth using only water, and make sure not to over saturate it. Be aware that the mouse contains electronic components that may be damaged if water drips from the cloth into the mouse via the seam around the scroll ball or around its underside.

You do not even do that. Take a sheet of printer paper white, turn the mouse upside down and firmly press the scroll ball and pass and back, side by side. Do it vigorously for several minutes. Now make it normal and then clean it using white printer paper. You should be able to use the mouse after. I made it myself and it works.

For the Apple Magic Mouse, use the normal procedure to clean the scroll ball if it has become discolored or dirty. Use a clean, lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water. Wipe the ball and the surrounding area, making sure to rotate the ball itself to ensure complete coverage. If the scrolling feels rough or if the scroll ball isn't scrolling up, down, or side-to-side, hold the mouse upside-down and roll the ball vigorously while cleaning it to help dislodge any particles that may have collected on the internal hardware.

The use of water can be effective against oils or fats, in this case, a heavy solvent is necessary. In addition, the standard cleaning will not necessarily disinfect your computer for use of the disinfectant may be necessary. Regarding cleaners go, isopropyl alcohol solution to 70% can be used can be used everywhere, except on bare (non-glass) LCD, which is recommended that iKlear is best for such product.

If you do not have iKlear or isopropanol, dilute a little dish soap in a cooking pan or cup (to make a mild soap solution) and Dampen a cloth with this solution to use. Again, do not use a "wet" all cloth drops. After using soap dish, first wipe the surface using a damp towel with water, then using a dry towel. now clean your Magic Mouse very easily.

Use a mild soap with antibacterial properties help disinfect the computer, but perhaps the best option for disinfection is to use Lysol or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. These are generally adequately wet, and can be used on most surfaces of the computer. I want to be cautious when using them on the screen, however, and stick to water or iKlear to it.