Thread: Using External 1TB Hard drive on Mac Mini

Using External 1TB Hard drive on Mac Mini

I need a 1TB solution for my Mac Mini desktop. I have a accounting tool. I want to backup the critical data everyday to ensure maximum security for the same. The minimum I prefer to buy is 1TB. But space here is not of much important. The only thing which I want to know is which model of external hard drive works well on Mac Mini. I had tried the same with some small SSD which are unable to take data directly from the software.

Re: Using External 1TB Hard drive on Mac Mini

I have a External drive from Silver Touch which works well here. Now here i can use them for two reasons. First I can use the same for regular backups or cloning the internal and the other way use the external drive as additional storage unit mass to store your music, videos, photos and documents. Silver touch drives are very easy to configure on Mac system. You can try out the same for your work.

To relieve your MacMini, just go and buy an external hard drive and connect the same with USB or Firewire. You can see that the ports arranged on a mac mini properly. You just need to plug your external hard drive and you copy the files from your mac mini. If you take a large external drive then it is even possible to create partitions on the drive. And the same is not for networking. Networking requires qq part 2 which are computer network set.

It is also quite possible to boot on an external drive. The best connection for the same can be FireWire preferably even if the Intel Mini can boot into USB. Personally, that's what I do. I cloned my internal hard drive on my FW and I boot from the FW. On the internal disk, I keep a weekly backup of my user and the applications and the most iamportant documents. It works fine.

If the parameters can be exchange properly with the Mac by using the disk utility tool then you should be able to settle the applications on the external hard drives. Everything depends on the version of OS X installed on your Mac. Basically you get a pc suite tool with the cd which comes with the drives. You can try them first by installation appropriate driver.

USB 1.1 and 2.0: Basic Interface, is the cheapest, most common for Windows PC and Mac but also the least efficient. USB 1.1 is used mainly for very old computers (not compatible with USB 2.0, but 2.0 is compatible with 1.1) and allows a relatively low rate (around 12 Mbit / s or 1.5 Mb / s only ), USB 2.0 allows for its maximum throughput of 480 Mbit / s while 60MB / s, but peak flow, the flow is in fact shared with other USB devices, so the actual throughput available is much lower.

FireWire 400 and FireWire 800 is a rare interface in normal PC in comparison to Mac. It is very common in the world, MAC, MacBook Pro offers an extensive connection (FireWire 400 and 800 ). The FireWire 400 allows a throughput of 400 Mbit / s (50MB / s but unlike dedicated to USB, so much faster than the latter) and FireWire allows a speed of 800 Mbps (100 MB / s ideal for editing video, for example, or very rapid transfer of data). The solution FireWire is ideal for MacUser.