Thread: How can I connect one external Hard drive to two different computers

How can I connect one external Hard drive to two different computers

I have 2 desktop machine and one external hard drive of Seagate. I want to know how can I connect the external hard drive to both of my desktop. Is it possible to perform this? I have no idea regarding it so hoping that you can help me out to get the knowledge and work out as needed. Please let me know about the thing.

Re: How can I connect one external Hard drive to two different computers

The best way you can make the thing to process or work out is by connecting the drive to the system and then share it over a network. That would be the best way through which you can sort the issue and share the hard disk with different computer. So you can use or make the things to be implemented well by following the steps mentioned.

You can perform the task very well all you need to do is to connect the USB device to the USB port of one system and use the firewire port for connecting it to the other system. In this way you can make use of the device well. It will be very much essential and hence the hard disk can be used to both system without any problem.

Sharing over the network is the best way through which you can perform the task. So do look out and then make the necessary ailments to be fulfilled. As sharing it over network you can thus have access to the disk utilities even been connected to one of the system. So there would not be any problem with the device and you can make use of the peripheral very well. So check.

I would suggest you a idea to make use of the device accordingly. All you need to do is to take one cheap NAS device which would be one with both USB and network connection. Then hook the USB to the VPN machine. Now you need to get access to the NAS via network on other machine. I guess this should work out for you.