Thread: WD Scorpio Blue Vs Seagate Momentus

WD Scorpio Blue Vs Seagate Momentus

I have to buy new hard drive, but I am quite confused about it. One of my friend suggested me to buy hard drive of either WD Scorpio Blue or Seagate Momentus. But thing is that I am not able to decide which is the best hard driver for me among these two hard drives. I wonder if you provide some details regarding WD Scorpio Blue and Seagate Momentus, so that it will be helpful for me while selection hard drive.

Re: WD Scorpio Blue Vs Seagate Momentus

The Seagate Momentus combine high capacity and high performance, innovative technologies, such as auto detectors falls. If you need a storage solution for notebooks that is robust, reliable, secure and a multitude of features. The range of hard drives for laptops Momentus 2.5-inch offers 18 key options and innovative features, such as a capacity up to 640 GB, two-speed performance and three advanced features.

The WD Scorpio Blue SATA drives continue to offer the highest capacity for space-hungry operating systems with plenty of room left over for photos, music, and video. A slight increase in overall drive height (750 GB and 1 TB only) has driven storage capacity for 2.5-inch form factor drives upwards to a realm once thought to be impossible.

The Seagate Momentus available with two speeds, 7200 and 5400 rpm, and two cache sizes, 8 and 16 MB to improve the performance of your applications.The 5400 rpm disks offer capacities of 640, 500 320, 250 and 160GB for systems requiring large capacity, as with entry systems and heart range.

The WD Scorpio Blue ShockGuard based technology to guard the surfaces of WD drive rollers alongside shocks. SecurePark WD puts the recording heads off the disk surface throughout spin up, spin down and the drive is off. This guarantee the recording head by no means touches the disk surface, resulting in superior long term consistency due to less wear and enhanced non-operational shock lenience.

Seagate Momentus carries two newly developed 250GB platters rotating at 5,400 rpm and 8MB cache As an indication, the 7200 rpm are generally entitled to 8 MB of cache. Western Digital announces an access time of 12ms is just surreal for a drive running at 5400 rpm. But there is more curious features of the disc.

The hard drive of Seagate Momentus 7200.4 provides capacity and performance unmatched in its class, with a consumption of only 0.05% above that of a disk 5400 rpm in the same category. The 80 and 160 GB are also broken down with the technology G-Force Protection, which is reflected by the presence of an accelerometer that parks the heads when a fall is detected.