Thread: MacBook... Keyboard? Or Logic Board???

MacBook... Keyboard? Or Logic Board???

I purchased a MacBook from one of my good friends, who spilled some liquid on the machine and that's why it doesn't power on. I tried various method to fix this problem, but nothing happened. I opened the machine, but I didn't see any residue or any rust. I want to asked is there any keyboard short-circuited? I want to asked is there any problem in MacBook Keyboard? Or Logic Board??? Please help me.

Re: MacBook... Keyboard? Or Logic Board???

It could be just the keyboard (the top case), but you will not know until you try to replace top box. I do not know of a means test the motherboard without starting the engine. Perhaps visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider and see if they can just try a different top case.

If you're using a MacBook or MacBook Pro, check the battery level. Press the small button on the battery or on the side of the computer. You should see lights indicating the battery's level of charge. If you see just one light blinking, the battery needs to be recharged. Use the computer with the adapter connected to recharge the battery.

Try to do following things to fix this problem.
    Unplug the power adapter from the electrical outlet and from the MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro. Wait one minute. Plug it back into the wall first, then to the computer. Make sure the electrical outlet is working by plugging in another device (such as a lamp). When you plug the adapter back into the computer, the power adapter LEDs should light up green or amber.

Inspect the MagSafe port on the computer for debris, such as metal stuck to the magnet in the port, which might prevent the connector from seating properly. On the adapter side, look at the DC connector for dust or other debris and check whether pins are missing, bent, or stuck down. If you find any of these to be true, see Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters for instructions on cleaning the adapter.

Try to Reset PRAM and NVRAM of your computer.

1. Shut down the computer.
    2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
    3. Turn on the computer.
    4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
    5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
    6. Release the keys.

Your computer's PRAM and the NVRAM are reset to the default values.

Try to remove and install battery of your macbook pro. You can do this in the following ways:
    # Shut down the computer. Disconnect any cords connected to the computer.
    # Turn the computer over.
    # Locate the access door latch.
    # Push down to release the latch, this sets it in the open position, and remove the access door that covers the battery.
    #With the latch still in its open position, gently pull up on the battery tab to remove the battery.
    Now use the same process to insert it in your Macbook pro.