Thread: MBP Pro battery stuck at 99%

MBP Pro battery stuck at 99%

My uncle recently gifted me a MacBook Pro which has Mac OS X installed in it. I am having problem with it's battery. Even if I full charge my laptop, it's battery shows 99% charge. I don't know why this happened. I don't know why MBP Pro battery stuck at 99%. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.

Re: MBP Pro battery stuck at 99%

I think this is the bug in the Macbook pro. Some Apple portable computers (PowerBook G4, iBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and MacBook Air) may not show the battery as 100 percent charged in Mac OS X, even when the power adapter is connected. The battery may appear to stop charging between 93 percent and 99 percent.
    Note: PowerPC-based computers may stop charging between 95 and 99 percent; Intel-based computers may stop charging between 93 and 99 percent.

This is normal. The batteries used in these computers are designed to avoid short discharge/charge cycles in order to prolong the overall life of the battery. When setting the Mac OS X battery status menu bar icon to display charge state by percentage, you may notice that the reported charge stays between 93 or 95 percent and 99 percent. To allow the adapter to recharge the battery to 100%, simply allow the charge to drop below 93%. The adapter will automatically recharge the battery to 100%

I think there is some problem in your power outlet and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Just try following things to check whether your power outlet is working or not.
    Verify that the power outlet you're using is working correctly. Plug in a known good appliance, such as a lamp, TV, or clock, and confirm it powers on properly. If there is problem in power outlet then correct it and then try again.

As per my knowledge there is some problem in power adapter. Unplug the power adapter from the wall, let it sit for 60 seconds, then plug the adapter back in. If the adapter works after this 60-second "rest", you most likely have a line noise issue with your power source. It will require that you to reset the adapter periodically by repeating this moment of rest. This issue occurs when the AC adapter's "over voltage protection" feature senses ground noise and then turns off the adapter.

If you're using the AC plug (also known as a "duck head") with the power adapter, swap it out for the included two- or three-pronged AC cord, or if you are using the two- or three-pronged AC cord swap it out with the AC plug. Either connector can be easily connected the adapter as shown below.

If the adapter now charges the computer and the LEDs in the MagSafe connector are lit, the AC plug "duck head" or AC cord that was originally in use is no longer functioning and use of that connector should be stopped until a replacement connector is obtained. Refer to the additional information section of this article for further assistance.

Try to calibrate the battery in the following ways:

1. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter and fully charge the MacBook or MacBook Pro battery until the light on the MagSafe connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
    2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
    3. Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery's charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
    4. Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery's charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.
    5. Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
    6. Reconnect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged. You may use your computer during this time.