Thread: "Service Battery" Indicator on macbook air

"Service Battery" Indicator on macbook air

Hi friends ! I don't think it is associated with the issue of SL and actually it's my opinion but just need to know your ideas. Something happened with me suddenly, I click to check the battery status then I got the service battery warning . iStat suggest that it is currently running with the 62% health. Should I just bring it for the repairing to any apple store or is it a common error of SL?

Re: "Service Battery" Indicator on macbook air

As you have explained the things above, according to me you need to go for the apple store and they will suggest you with the proper solutions and then after you can be free from this issue.

Actually when you go with this problem, the apple guys will perform a test with the help of some defined utilities which are already carried by them and in case , the test suggest that the battery got failed, they will replace the battery.

OK, I am getting your point, As according to your suggestion , it is not a Snow Leopard associated error ? Or a good question is if you are able to find the apple "service battery" warning against to Snow Leopard?

As it contains a bit of time for traveling to the nearest Apple store, what are the opportunities that I have such type of warning on my MBA and still cross the store battery associated test?

I do have anything related to the actual issue and not have an perfect idea that it's a bug or what . I didn't got this type of problem earlier , so I am unable say anything perfect about this. You are the better bet is to have it checked. If you don't need to have it to the store and in such case, you can take the support of Apple Care and they will probably replace it anyways because they are unable to actually diagnose this by phone. Have you tried reconfiguring the PRAM and SMC?

"Service Battery" Indicator on macbook air

The users of the MacBook and MacBook Pro moving for up-gradation to Snow Leopard and those are being encouraged to replace flagging batteries through a latest properties in the latest OS.

"Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard involves an perfect Battery menu bar advance for portable Macs. The Battery menu bar advance gives the suggestion about the status of the battery, as well the the time specified skipping on the current charge, the recent functional power source, and any recent charge status description" Apple states on a support page.

Hello all, I am back and need more help, One of the friend suggested me for Recalibration. I did a proper and whole discharge/recharge calibration and still not getting any resolution like that. It even decreased my iStat life from 62% to 54%.Currently, the MBA is running within the warranty so I am sure that they will replace it. Currently, I required to get the time to move to the apple store.

There are some instructions that you should always follow in such type of situation and that are as follows:

1. Connect in the MagSafe Power Adapter and charge the battery completely
    2. When the battery is going to charge completely, the light on the MagSafe Power Adapter connector changes to green and the Battery specification in the menu bar suggest that the battery is charged.
    3. Leave the battery to rest in the completely charged status for more than one hour or more.
    4. You can work with your computer at that time as long as the power adapter is connected.