Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-05-2010

Chieftec GPS-550AB-A 550W died !

I got my innovative PC 2 days ago a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz,BFG 9800 GTX OC2, most important board GIGABYTE N650SLI-DS4L and I call a professional to create the PC and he twisted it on and boom the PSU died. I asked a number of people and some say I had bad luck for the reason that some PSU"s are broken from factory and I send the PSU back and I am getting a innovative one my query is if I put the similar PSU in my PC will it die again.
Old 22-05-2010

Re: Chieftec GPS-550AB-A 550W died !

Hard to say, was this innovative system running for you for several amount of time previous to the PSU going out. Sounds similar to it might be a major short somewhere if it was built from scratch. Anyway, if it was entirely a random power supply failure then the possibility of an additional one dying on you are extremely negligible. The chieftech is crap whoever your friend is; don' not let him give you suggestion on power supplies ever again. The Chieftec is not the unconditional bottom of the barrel. But they are the substance hovering right on top of it.
Old 22-05-2010

Here's what you do. Unplug the leads to the case switch at the mobo and steeplechaser them with a diminutive piece of wire. At present turn on the most important power switch at the back of the PSU. If nothing occurs, there is a long method to proving the PSU is dead. So you twist on the system and nothing occurs, it might be a broken case switch and therefore the PSU by no means gets the indication to turn on. Or it might be a dead PSU or something else dead pulling down the output of the PSU.
Old 22-05-2010

If on top of process caused nothing to occur, at present you get a diminutive additional into it. Eliminate the 20pin PSU connector and the 4pin CPU connector to the mobo, the entire additional psu connections is able to stay put. Using a diminutive wire (a paper clip determine to do) jumper pins 14(the merely green wire) and any BLACK wire (let's say pin 13 or 15) on the 20 pin PSU connector. At present turn on the most important PSU switch. Your PSU be supposed to come to life (HDD spins up, and fans spin).
Old 22-05-2010

If nothing tranquil occurs then start eliminating 4 pin molexs one at a time, starting with the video card (if it has one). This determines to eliminate any peripherals "holding" or "pulling" down the PSU. Subsequent to the entire connections are unconcerned and still nothing, then your PSU is dead for certain. Prepare for publication if you forgot this opportunity. If subsequent to step 2, the entire fans spin up and HDD spins, but at step 1 nothing runs, then it's the majority probable a faulty mobo. And most probable that diminutive FET or Bipolar transistor or at least the circuit that turns that on. Moreover technique at this point you are most excellent to take it in for service or RMA your mobo back if appropriate.
Old 23-05-2010

More often than not when the system would not power on it's a safe bet that the PSU has bitten the dust. On the other hand, considering the information that you have previously tried to swap them and have had negative results its probable not the case here. You would try reseating the VPU and RAM as well as trying a dissimilar power cable previous to you made any moves. If that does not help, actually, the easiest way to narrow this substance down (apart from a PCI POST card), is to moreover detach and/or eliminate everything excluding the PSU, motherboard, RAM and CPU. Try to boot then. If you have achievement, then start reassembling your computer component by component until it fails.
Old 25-05-2010

Might be no matter which, based upon what you have reported so far. The majority probable the video graphics card, but might be memory, CPU fan, unclean fan, no thermal paste or hardened thermal paste, or a number of hard drives. When convinced of those components are bad, they determine to have an effect on the capability for the unit to power on. Cold boot first in SAFE MODE. Next separate the hard drive, and boot to a floppy if you have a floppy drive or in lieu of that, boot to a CD or a USB or an exterior unit. Do not squander your time on the motherboard in anticipation of you have tested every additional component. Not extremely numerous motherboards fail, unless you have been abusing it with over clocking, using an eMachines, Packard Bell, or PCChips motherboard.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,