Thread: Apple Remote to control Keynote

Apple Remote to control Keynote

Is it possible to use the Apple Remote [one who came with the MacBook, but is now 19$] to control a Keynote presentation? For example, you can use for making slides or activate the animations? Can anyone tell me how to use Apple Remote to control Keynote. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Apple Remote to control Keynote

You can use the Apple Remote for it. Make sure your MacBook pair with the specific remote control. This is because if you give a speech In front of a crowd that may have macs then things could happen on all of their computer. you do not need to point directly at the IR receiver as long as you are close and you're fine for most.

When I got my new MacBook Pro, something I was looking forward to playing with the remote was. I was, however, disappointed that it does not work in many applications that I wanted to control - especially VLC and Keynote. Remote Buddy sets, leaving my remote control to operate many other applications, including VLC and Keynote. Note: I have no connection except iospirit be a happy customer!

I think you have already use Apple Remote for your photos. You can also use Apple Remote to control Keynote presentations. While playing button Keynote, press on the PLAY button to start the presentation, use forward or backward button to move between slides, and use the up and down button to increase or decrease the volume. To put your computer to sleep, simply hold down the play button.

Why don't you use Remote Buddy 1.16.3 for your mac. The most powerful remote control solution for the Mac®. Control more than 100 applications, virtual keyboard and mouse, presentations, media center software and important system settings right from your iPhone™, iPod® Touch, your Apple® Remote or one of the many other remote controls supported by Remote Buddy!

You have to use iRed Lite for your mac. It has following features:
    * Remote control any application by remote keystrokes
    * Call AppleScripts for finer control
    * Use your Apple Remote for iTunes, then for iPhoto, then ...
    * Use multiple Apple Remotes, one for Keynote, another one for VLC, ...
    * Teach your programmable RC to simulate multiple Apple Remotes

Use Mira application for your Mac. Using this application The Apple Remote will let you control your Mac from up to 33 feet (10 meters) away. Its signal will even bounce off walls, ceilings and furniture so you don't have to point right at the computer. Mira drops into your System Preferences and provides an easy interface to change button settings for all your applications. It even supports 11 different languages.