Thread: Wall Mounting Z-5500 Speakers Only

Wall Mounting Z-5500 Speakers Only

I am having four primary speakers of 5.1 that are FL, FR, RL, and RR. I want to mount them on the wall, probably extending the wire or reply them. I need to mount the speaker in my bedroom that is adjacent to the master bedroom of my neighbor. Hence I want to carefully buffer my sub underneath it. Can anybody give suggestions for Wall Mounting Z-5500 Speakers?

Re: Wall Mounting Z-5500 Speakers Only

Few people put a pair of rolled up sucks for keeping the base down for the sub. I have taken this swivel base and then used these to mount the speakers on the wall.
    You need to take the speaker separately and then take the swivel base off. For doing that you can take out the grommets that will hold the speaker cover. For taking those out you have to use the screw drive. I have used the grommets that will hold the speaker cover.

If you are having the screwdriver with a flexible extension thing then you put the screws directly into the swivel base in to the wall. Just make sure that you have 2x4 for putting it or you have to use some of the screw thingers designed for dry wall. I have not tried this hence I am not confident that this thing will work but you can try for this.

I will suggest you to use hooks that are use to mount heavy speakers. Separate hook for each hole that is on the base. I have bought the hooks that are white coated so that it can match with the color my wall. You can also use colors for painting them for matching the color of with your wall. You will get those hooks at the price of 15 to 20 pounds for each hook. They are really strong and you can use them without worrying about anything.

Well finally I have completed the task I have not change out the mounts or anything related to that. I have just screwed them with washer between the main mount and the screw. It is looking awesome. In doing all these I have cracked my wall a little but it can not be seen easily. Sound from the speakers is phenomenal. Thanks for all the replies all of you have given.