Thread: Improving corsair 800d airflow

Improving corsair 800d airflow

I am getting a second hand Corsair 800d rig. I have seen that it is fine but I need some help in improving this. The one thing which I want to know that what can be done to improve this case. I am building a overclocking system where it is necessary that my system has proper ventilation support. That can help out to drive heat out of the system. What more can be done here.

Re: Improving corsair 800d airflow

Corsair case this time has a very nice support. Corsair has built its reputation by selling RAM modules. The case offered by Corsair gives you a dimensions of 61 cm height and 23 cm wide and weighs 16 Kg load, mainly because of the steel that makes up much of housing. Only the facade is made of aluminum. So you can adjust whatever you want in that by drilling holes in the same.

I have a similar case support here. The set is simple, well finished and the edges are not sharp. The seriousness of the mark is confirmed, but some still find the box a bit massive. The presence of a side wall adorned with Plexiglas often divides the users like s. Corsair has still made that choice, and for this you cannot blame them, as the different parts (CPU, GPU , motherboard) are highlighted in this tower.

It is one step ahead than regular case. This fixing is quiet difficult. It is mainly because of the structural steel supports. The other side of the same has nice quality. So, the system can extract more data disc to transport than to include one more quickly. Hopefully the six screws that hold the records to their limited support vibration. You can add up a liquid cooling support to this system.

Returning to the ergonomics to talk about something that irritates often users: the system for opening the side panels. Fortunately, there is no particular concern to have, Corsair has equipped its Obsidian 800D of the most effective device that we have ever handled: press the button in the upper panel. No screws, no complex system the manufacturer has really simplified the task maximum.

On the equipment side, the housing Corsair obviously does not ignore the ports on the front. Are present not less than four USB ports and a Firewire port, the audio connectors are also present. However, I would like to find an eSATA port on a tower like this. Lastly, regarding the interior of the Obsidian 800D, there is the mounting system very efficient and requires no tools for optical drives.

The cable installation is not the easy step, and despite the place and many places for the cables, it remains the longest part of the assembly, especially if you want a clean result. If the passage of some cables at the back is relatively simple, this is the case for those in power: so many, long, they become lodged in the back of the motherboard, but some more effort . Such a configuration would be much more interesting with a modular power supply.