Thread: USB to ethernet converter

USB to ethernet converter

Hi guys !
    I require to convert a USB connected into an Ethernet plug. I am unable to find out anything regarding this on internet, do you have any suggestion . The USB is male, and I wanted to be able to connect an Ethernet into the separate side. Do these even exist? and if yes then can you tell me where could I get it?

Re: USB to ethernet converter

There are so many computers system always running with an Ethernet port which is installed already from the manufactures. For those machines that don't contain this feature , Those system users who got themselves wanting more than one Ethernet ports, for instance, in order to daisy chain a series of separate computers together. In that scenario, A USB to Ethernet converter comes into picture. These converters connected in simply, turning a easy and common USB port into an Ethernet-ready station. A number of products are available on the google search and you have choose if you find perfect here http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl...Search+Froogle

You are nit getting my points, I need to do something else. I am searching for another thing.. You dont get what I am talking about,I already got it and considered on the link that you have given to me, It is much valuable but currently,I don't need that. I require to connect in a USB to something that will switch it into a Ethernet, you Displayed some items in the link that are the different way around me, I require : male usb => female usb= > adapter=>converter=>female Ethernet....

You have explained in very complex way. I am not not sure what you said but let me tell you . You need the male USB to convert to a female USB and then wanted to continue with different adapter convert which to and Ethernet? You can also take another way to do the same process and can be completed in just few simple steps .You should just come up with a USB to Ethernet ? The Ethernet would connect directly with the located USB drive and seems to server the exact aim ....!!!!!!!!

If I need to be with a USB device longer than 16 ft from the my machine, I am running with two options. The first one is to plug the device to an functional USB hub and have daisy chain it with much functional hubs until I got the max of 5 hubs and 80 ft. It is assumed as very weird to tell that the least not to indicated the requirement for a number of power sockets. Some different resolutions to extend the USB device is to use the Cat5 cable to having the signal. it can be performed with a USB to CAT5 adapter on separate ends.

However I visited on some computer peripherals store that sells some kit of adapters that contains bunch of connectors that move from sevaral USB connectors to RJ45 and RJ11. This kit can be purchased in only $20! I wanted to ask that I just use this much cheaper adapter kit to extend the USB device.
    Last edited by Ash maker; 19-05-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks for your interest on this question but I have some confusion regarding this. My internet is working based on the USB, so I require a method to switch it to either WiFi or to Ethernet. So I can actually work on the Linux OS. According to me, still Linux is not going very compatible with the USB modems, so I am unable to use it now. Is there actually a router which accepts USB as the input?

This is the actual issue that you have and I would suggest you to go for the internet service provider and really the can solve your issue much better than this but in case, if you are getting any other issue then feel free to post your confusions. But currently, you need to go for the internet provider and tell tell him to make available to you with non-usb port, Mostly, this is the fault that they made earlier or you made during ordering.I am nearly positive to have your issues that they would provide this without any cost...

brix.linda Guest

Industrial grade Serial RS232 to Ethernet Converter, also called a Ethernet to RS232 Converter. The XetaServer 1000 is a cost efficeint industrial grade converter with support for RS485 and RS422 interfaces.