Thread: S.M.A.R.T Error

S.M.A.R.T Error

When I was booting from my Samsung F1 500GB hard drive, it give me S.M.A.R.T error message. One of the time while working on my Windows Xp, operating system had given me message, that there is something problem in the Drive. But, till now my hard drive is working fine. And now I am getting this error. If you have any details about it, then give me that. And what did I do now?

Re: S.M.A.R.T Error

If you visit to the Samsung Service Center then they can solve your problem, by making use of the any type of diagnostic tool. You just need to run that and then you will able to solve your problem. You just have to make use of that and then you will able to resolve your problem. So, just visit to the nearest Service Center and then you will able to resolve your problem. It will simply fix your problem.

S.M.A.R.T Error for the Hard Drive may occur due to the following two types of failures:
    • Foreseeable breakdowns that occur due to the slow degradation of some components, in particular because of wear and aging of mechanical parts;
    • Unpredictable failures that can occur suddenly, like an electrical component that grid.

In its original version of S.M.A.R.T provides failure prediction by monitoring certain activities of the hard disk operation. A second version improved failure prediction by adding a scan autoplay stopped to monitor additional operations. The latest technology SMART III not only monitors hard drive activity but also increases the failure prevention by attempting to detect and repair errors on sectors. And if you are getting this error then you have to take backup of your hard drive, as your hard drive can fail any time.

You can simply give your hard drive to the company and then they will simply fix the problem which you are facing. In case you will also able to get the new hard drive by replacing your older one. So, just take the backup of all of your data and then you will able to solve your problem, by making use of the help from the Samsung. They will simply fix your problem and you will get the repaired or new hard drive.

Each drive manufacturer defines a set of attributes and determines the values of threshold that should not be exceeded under normal operating conditions. Attribute values range from 1-253. You can able to know the problem by using this attribute also. So, just make use of the attribute value and search the details for that on internet. So, that you will able to understand the exact problem.

You must need to take the backup of your all of the data and then you will able to get the data which is more important. If you take backup then you can use that hard drive without any problem. It is not necessary that your hard drive would fail, but it can fail. So, just make use of the backup and also some or other preventing tool for your problem and use the existing hard drive.