Thread: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 and USB/SATA 3

Gigabyte P55A-UD3 and USB/SATA 3

Hi,
    I need help in looking for a Sata USB Adapter for my Gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard. I have this system which is quiet old. I am not finding a proper usb adapter for this in which I want to use a external sata usb adapter for using the hard drive for backup. I have a old adapter which is not working. I have a new SATA 1TB Hard drive now which I want to attached to my system. Thanks in advance.

Re: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 and USB/SATA 3

I have a usb adapter released by Brand Scythe. It works on most of the sata drives. The main principle of this adapter is to offer a small box which we will connect a hard disk, 2.5 or 3.5 inches, the standard IDE or SATA. The power supply is integrated in the case and will be from a power outlet. The brand even says that you can connect one IDE and one SATA the same time.

There are various adapter and there you just need to connect everything to a USB port on your PC to access hard drives as mass storage devices. he advantage of this adapter is to allow flexibility in the use of its hard drives, but mainly to plug and unplug hot (hotplug) without turning off the computer. This works with Gigabyte board and you can get the same online on various site.

A Sata usb adapter is a very handy tool for troubleshooting a computer. This adapter lets you connect an IDE drive or SATA 2.5 or 3.5 on a single USB 2.0 port. It comes with an AC power to Molex plug and adapters necessary to start the external drive without having to open the hood of your computer. Never connect more than one hard disk simultaneously. That can harm your hardware.

Try to look for a IDE / SATA adapter which offers you a usb support power. This adapter lets you connect a USB hard drive or Sata Ide 3.5 or 2.5. It features supports data transport specification of USB Mass Storage @ 480mbps. You will get a high speed 12mbps access which is quiet good. The one which I have offers a supports ATA / ATAPI Ultra DMA Mode. It also supports addressing Ata / ATAPI LBA48 bit.

I have a Belkin USB to IDE + SATA tool which offers you connect a USB hard drive or Sata or Ide 21 / 2, it comes with an AC power source and taken Molex adapters needed to start the drive. External without having to open the hood of your computer. The feature of the same Compatible with electrical requirements of the standard USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed). Compatible with data transport specification of USB Mass Storage.

Yes that is right the Belkin USB to IDE + SATA lets you connect a USB hard drive or Sata or Ide 21 / 2, it comes with an AC power source and taken Molex adapters needed to start the drive. It offers you external adapter without having to open the hood of your computer. It is compatible with electrical requirements of the standard USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) and compatible with data transport.