Thread: Problems installing i7 920 on Rampage II Extreme

Problems installing i7 920 on Rampage II Extreme

Hi,
    I had purchased a Rampage 2 motherboard recently. I have a old Gigabyte board which I to replace the same with this. I had also purchased a Intel Core i7 processor with 4GB Corsair Ram. I need some details on this board about the performance status. Second when I try to place the processor it not getting placed properly. You might know the stick near the socket. It does not bend full.

Re: Problems installing i7 920 on Rampage II Extreme

If you see the CPU proper at the corner you can notice a small yellow arrow mark. This is the location where you have to put the CPU. Then on the socket of your motherboard look closely on the four side. Either you will see one absent pin, or triangle shape arrow mark. You have to place the CPU's arrow mark exactly same on the the motherboard socket panel.

The board is nice only thing is that you are not able to place the processor properly. Just match the mark on the CPU and motherboard. Other than this it offers you 3 PCI-E x 16 (Including 1 x) 3-Way Sli and support CrossFireX - RAID - SATA 6. It supports the latest processors Intel Bloomfield LGA1336 package. It is also integrated with memory controller supporting a triple-channel DDR3 memory (6 DIMMs).

The board also supports FSB which comprises of Intel QPI up to 6.4 Gt / s and a bandwidth up to 25.6GB / s. The same is also equipped he Intel X58 Express. It is the latest chipset designed to support Intel Core i7 process and you will also get new computer bus QPI. The size of the bandwidth and system stability are improved by a point to point.

I use Core i7 X58 Asus Rampage II Extreme which is a nice mobo. It gives you all latest support for the today need. This support the new GA1336 package with support for controlling the triple-channel DDR3 memory. This board ahs a better graphics performance and its can support 36 bands 2.0.SLI or PCI Express CrossFireX. So that looks more than enough.

Currently there is only one chipset that is compatible processor with this: the X58 from Intel. is therefore also used by these boards this. In order to nevertheless stand out from other boards that operate large manufacturers more and more effort. Therefore, they are using the high-end sector for itself, both in functionality and in price. So you see out for more here.

There is no issue with CPU socket on the board. It comes with RAID Compatibility JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 0 + 1, RAID 1, RAID 5 with all audio and firewire ports. You can use 3x PCI Express 2.0 on the same with usb 2.0 support. You can perform overclocking successfully on it. Size of its PCBs greater than any other ATX boards, his bundle, his faculties overclocking but a bit costly.