Thread: SATA card for Windows home server

SATA card for Windows home server

Hi,
    I am right now working on Windows Home server. I have some extra hard drives an storage media with me for backing up my data. Now the thing is that I can use a external hard drive on a laptop to copy paste data. I want to sue some extra internet SATA drive on the system to take regular backup. For that I found that SATA cards are helpful. But will this work on Windows Server. Which card do you recommend.

Re: SATA card for Windows home server

Go for a Serial ATA II 1+1 Port PCI Adapter. It is an external SATA II adapter which offers you extra ports to attach the hard drive. You can also use a 1 port for external SATA and 1 port for Standard Internal SATA. The card is capable of supporting low profile pci cards which comes with the regular size. The card gives you 32 bt support and 33/66 MHz of PCI interface.

That is quite correct. You can choose to go with any external pci sata card which is compatible with most of the system. The card support mobile storage devices which reduces the issue of compatibility. You can add up any standard media like a Hard drive, floppy drive, CD ROM, DVD ROM etc. This cards provides you two brackets for low profile pci for other card.

Search online for SATA cards and pick up any new one. You must choose the PCI support one which fits on the system and the outlet goes out from behind. This cards offers you dual high speed Serial ATA port which offers you a data transfer at the speed of 1.5GB/s. This cars are fully compliant with Serial ATA 1.0a which is common in most of the hardware's.

There also some dedicated low profit PCI bracket which can server old hardware. Here you does need to worry about the compatibility of this cards. They work best on your system and comes with appropriate drivers. This cards are equipped with good driving capacity and an special SATA connector is provided for external support for hard drive and optical media.

I have a native SATA II - 300 adapter with 4 ports connection and Raid support. I had upgraded my system and added this card to use my old drives for baking up. The data transfer rate offered by this cards is 1.5 to 3 Gbps. So that is enough and fast. This also gives a 64 bit support and it is compatible with Serial ATA ports. All regular size pci card can fit this.

You must go to the specifications of this cards first. The PCI X is the complaint which is widely needed. The SATA II 300 adapter give this support. It ahs 4 ports with full chip command access to the card. It is a high speed tool. You can also get hot plug support on this. You can add up to 4 independent Serial ATA support on this card and that works well here.