Thread: WaterBlock GTX 260 55nm

WaterBlock GTX 260 55nm

Hello everyone,
    I am thinking to buy an WaterBlock GTX 260 so that there would be no issues with the GTX 260 graphics card nvidia and then I can play the high defined games. But I am not having much knowledge about it. So thought that you guys can help me in this topic. So please provide some information about it and also suggest me whether I should go for it.??!

Re: WaterBlock GTX 260 55nm

I think that it would be better if you are going for the WaterBlock GTX 260. This is Waterblock for NVidia GTX260 (55nm G200b). The waterblock is SLI ready, fittings can be used on both sides of the block. For maximum thermal conductivity, the maze of the waterblock (the party providing the heat exchange CORE) consists of pure copper. The internal design of the maze has been designed to ensure both an easy passage of fluid (LPDC block = Low Loss Charge) and generate enough turbulence to increase thermal performance. So, it is the better option.!!

The waterblock EK-FC 260 GTX (G200b 55nm) is designed for graphics cards based on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 200 Version 260 55 nm Single or SLI configuration based on the reference model. The following are the features of it :
    • High Performance Waterblock
    • Bases in polished copper and partly internal Acetal
    • SLI 4x thread G1 / 4, comes with two plugs
    • Appendix Mosfet Anodized Aluminum

Most components of a computer heat, ranging from very low production of heat for the scanners, to produce much more important to the microprocessor for example. And specially when you are using the graphic card it is always good to use the WaterBlock for the cooling purpose. A normal heating is safe, but instead a high heat of these components can cause malfunctions (miscalculations, bugs, hard reset, etc.), some of them to their deterioration. And also the WaterBlock GTX 260 is the good choice.!!

The watercooling is a device by circulating the water, much better heat conductor than the air, using a pump in a circuit that passes through one or more waterblock. The waterblock, located on the components cool, allow heat transfer between the water and the component. Originally reserved for high performance systems such as supercomputers, this method has been taken up and adapted for use on a daily basis in computers, is often more efficient than the aircooling. It is still a bit more complex than aircooling to put in place, and a little more dangerous because of the cohabitation between the water and electricity.

The cooling air , often called aircooling, is the principle of cooling the most used. It is simple to implement, effective enough in most cases, economically, and in no way dangerous. It's still the least effective method. It can be classified in two categories :
    • Passive Cooling - The term passive indicates here is that no mechanical parts in motion. A single sink (a heater) is attached to the component to be cooled to increase the contact surface with the ambient air , and thus to facilitate heat dissipation . It was the first system to be used initially on microprocessors.
    • Active cooling - Compared to cooling liability, a fan is added to the radiator (forming a block often called heat sink) to create a flow of air over it and thus to facilitate the heat transfer between the air and the fins of the radiator. This system became a standard for cooling the microprocessor, since the vast majority of them come with a cooler, or at least are intended to operate with a heat sink. The graphics processor midrange and high-current range are also equipped, and the majority of power supplies.

For maximum thermal conductivity, the maze of the waterblock (the party providing the heat exchange CORE) consists of pure copper. The internal design of the maze has been designed to ensure both an easy passage of fluid (LPDC block = Low Loss Charge) and generate enough turbulence to increase thermal performance. Manufacturing quality impeccable :
    • Copper base Dimensions: 175 x 114 x 8mm
    • Acrylic Top Dimensions: 166 x 115 x 8mm
    • Thread: 1 / 4 "
    • Supplied without caps
    • Comes with 2 stoppers