Thread: Looking for silent PWM fans

Looking for silent PWM fans

I was wondering if anyone has tried any silent PWM fans. I am searching for silent PWM fans but my budget is limited hence I do not want expensive PWM fans for my serv. I require only a 120mm and 80mm. I was thinking of trying the Scythe Kama, but there is slipstream version out now and Scythe does not seem to have an 80mm version

Re: Looking for silent PWM fans

The GELID FN-PX12-15 120x25mm Fan with Hydro dynamic bearings ensures ultra low noise. GELID has added rubber fan mounts instead of traditional screws are heat resistant and provides anti-vibration fan motor. The FN-FW12-15 120mm fan comes with a 4-pin connector own power. Each impeller has been individually balanced using the latest technology to ensure regular operation flawlessly and what more it comes at the approximate price of $9.99

I have never heard about that fan, I think features are descent. I do not know whether it will spin under 750 RPM. When I have checked the net for further information I found that the fan spins at about 600RPM, that is fairly quiet. But the problem is that it does not push a lot of air as a result of that the CPU sit about 70 to 75 degrees, which is too hot according to me. I am looking for another fan which can push a more air so that the temperature remains cool.

Well, all I can say is that my friend has a 92mm Gelid, and going full throttle at 100 percent, it is still almost silent, and it moves a considerable amount of air. Really, in my experience, most PWM fans are pretty wimpy. Using a low speed yate Loon 100 percent work has often much cheaper, with a similar amount of noise.

After all the discussion I think I should take a safe route and for that I have ordered a pair of Scythe Kama PWM fans. I think they are the most popular and they also have reasonable priced PWM fans. I do not think I can better option than that. But anyways thanks for all the replies. If anybody has any other opinion then feels free to mention.

The 92mm one is not meant for the purpose of suspending horizontally and then vibrate a bit. They are quite all the thing considered. I swapped them for the Noctua 140 mm fan over the weekend. I am not sure what I will be doing with the scythe PWM fans. Let’s see what happens I am hoping for the good result.

I would probably go with something that has no sleeve bearing if you are looking for the quietest. The reason I proposed cooling Artic 12025PWM fans because they use a fluid dynamic bearing, and not a sleeve or ball bearings. It is also the reason I finally buy when I was looking for quiet PWM fans. It does not hurt that they are very affordable.