Thread: Half screen window with dual monitors (Win7)

Half screen window with dual monitors (Win7)

Hello, I have managed to connect dual monitors on my computer system and i guess there is some problem while using this setup. Actually i am able to drag a window to the edge of either monitor in order to forcefully making it to half size. But i cannot drag it to the inside of either monitor as it getting over from one screen to another.
    Is there anyway to have a split screen windows on one monitor instead of having dual monitors.

Re: Half screen window with dual monitors (Win7)

I do not think that it would be possible to split up your screen in two after having the dual monitor setup. It is natural that your computer system would be using both the monitors while you use both the monitors. Actually i have never seen any kind of single monitor which has two screen. I guess it would be possible by using some software but i am not sure about it.

I think it would be impossible until you disconnect your second monitor from the computer system. I have never heard any kind of such things which makes your monitor divided in two screens. And i think it would not be showing proper resolutions as well, specially when you are not using a widescreen displays. But i guess you have a widescreen display. I am not so sure but i think you should continue with you search for this issue as it might happen that i would not be having any ideas about it. It would be helping me too, If somebody helps you with a proper solution.

here you have a solution for having two different application running side by side on a single monitor. First of all open two applications then click on an any tab which you have opened on task bar. Now press Ctrl key and hold it for some time. When you are holding the Ctrl key, click on the second tab. Now both the application are selected and then right click on any application and choose Tile Vertically from the options. I guess you have done with your split screen display.

Actually Bachelot, You have got a perfect answer for getting the two screen of applications but i did not got your query, Exactly what you want to do? Are you asking for a two screens on both the monitors which you have connected to your computer, which means that there would be total four applications running simultaneously in front of you.
    I guess it would be bit complicated, At least i do not know that it is possible to do so or not.
    Last edited by Killen; 11-05-2010 at 03:19 PM.

You must visit one web site which answers any kind of questions which starts with the how to do anything or something. Juts visit to the ehow.com where your answer is there, Here you would be having all the steps to set up the dual monitors and yes, If you want to split up the screen then also there are given steps.
    And even if you want to split up the screen then you have to do the same for both the monitors. I do not know that it would be possible or not.