Thread: BT4 in vmware fusion w/ alfa card probs

BT4 in vmware fusion w/ alfa card probs

Hi,
    I am using Blacktrack 4 Vmware setup on my system. I have a othe version of Linux based OS installed in the different driver. I am trying to configure my alfa wireless usb adapter in this system but that does not work. I had tried lots of things here but the same is not detected in that system. What can be issue and how to fix this. Need some help here.

Re: BT4 in vmware fusion w/ alfa card probs

First try to use a different port on your system. It is necessary that your system must detect the device. If not then the issue lies to the driver. Search for the official site of device and look for appropriate drivers. IF found then run the same and then check back. Once you does have a proper driver in your system there is no way you can run the device.

It is automatically detected by Ubuntu as / dev/ttyUSB0. With minicom, then I can connect to all types of devices. But in Windows XP, the device is automatically detected and installed, but no COM port is installed. I can not find any driver for the same. I had tried to look for official site but I found nothing. I need help here to fix this issue on my dual boot system.

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600c which integrates a Dell Wireless 1450 card minipci 802.11 a / bg with Broadcom BCM4309 chipset with Linux Mandriva Cooker - Kernel 2.6.11-i586-8mdk-up-1GB, KDE 3.4. As with other wireless cards, there are no drivers for linux. Ndiswrapper is a tool that provides a module for the kernel to use the Windows drivers for the wireless card in Linux.

If yo go for tying Ndiswrapper then you need to compile a program (make, make install), have the kernel source (kernel-source-2.6) and the wireless-tools package. Then you need the gcc or the same (gcc which compiled the kernel, and gcc installed on your system). To Uninstall the Ndiswrapper package give the command urpme ndiswrapper and done.

Ndiswrapper can be proper solution for this. To unzip the file downloaded from internet. The command for the same is [ Root @ localhost mac] # tar-zxvf ndiswrapper-1.2.tar.gz. This creates a folder ndiswrapper in your / home or at the location where you unpacked the archive. With the cd command, go to the compressed folder : [Root @ localhost mac] # cd / home/mac/ndiswrapper-1.2.

I have a problem concerning the configuration of wireless network under Linux. For that verify that your router is able to automatically assign an ip (dhcp) which is usually the case of routers lately. If you confirm, trying to do a: dhclient eth1 and then : / Sbin / route-n cat / etc / resolv.conf. After that just check that your wireless card works fine. You can diagnose it to see where you are in: typing in a root console the following commands (change the SSID and key): cat / etc / network / interfaces ifconfig iwconfig / sbin / route-n cat / etc / resolv.conf