Thread: NF7-S SoundStorm: Why an optical output

NF7-S SoundStorm: Why an optical output

Hi,
    I have a motherboard which is equipped with NF7-S soundstorm technology. I had searched and found on internet that this gives out nice output for sound quality. But I am noticing cracking sound on my speakers. I have a 5.1 channel digital speakers which produces cracking sounds. Where can get the config panel of the same. I had seen my sound card which seems to be working.

Re: NF7-S SoundStorm: Why an optical output

Usually the config panel comes with the motherboard utility tool which is located on the task manager mostly. I am not sure about the exact configuration tool. You can do one things in this is re-install the sound driver. For that right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In the audio side right click on the tool and then choose update drivers.

The APU of soundstorm is on the NF7-S southbridge motherboard. It is usually recommended that you must place a heatsink on the chip for the time you buy your system. So in future you will never face any sound related issue. You can checkout for heatsink online and get one for your system. Try to add on if you does not have and then check back the performance.

In order to use the Soundstorm audio on your motherboard it is necessary to make it enable from the BIOS. I think you might check this first. For that enter your BIOS and then go to integrated Peripherals. Then click on Audio controller and then set the settings to enable. Now once reboot your system and check back weather your system is producing proper sound or not.

If you are not able to find out the config panel for sound tab then here is solution for that. For that go to Nvidia control panel and look for audio support. Other ways is click on Start > Control Panel and then click on Audio Device. Here go to Volume tab and then click on speaker settings. Now go to advance and then click on speaker tab. In the performance tab you see hardware acceleration and sample rate. Set the quality of the same to Full and best.

Try to update the Direct X 9 first. You can test that simply from it. For that click on Start and then go to All programs. Now go to Accessories and then click on System tools. Now go to System information an then click on Tools. Here you will get Select Direct X Diagnostic Tool. You will fine option sound 1, sound 2 and son. You can test the sound here and just ensure to set Hardware Sound Acceleration to full.

Download and install Driver cleaner. This utility will clear up all junk driver files from your system. There is possibilities of corrupt Windows system or Direct X files in your system. It will not only clear but repair an fix the files on your system. Then you can switch back to your audio support and play the sound. If still there is issue and the re-install your sound tool.