Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Canon IJ Network Scan Utility?

Hardware Peripherals

Old 06-05-2010

Canon IJ Network Scan Utility?

I recently get a Canon Pixma MX860 Printer and installed it and its application on my MacBook working 10.4.11; and fix it up to be attached wirelessly to our household LAN. This now runs, prints OK, and some other Operating System 10.4 and 10.5 computers in the home each of see it through no more installs of application on them. However, there is currently an icon in my menu bar through menu selections that turn on and off anything says "Canon IJ NetworkScan Utility". Anyone truly know how to get fix of this damn icon?

Old 06-05-2010

Re: Canon IJ Network Scan Utility?

Mostly rather having two different scanner and laser printer: two independently understandable, manageable, and upgradable units through a more small complexity in total. Maybe a bit additional initial gaining cost; likely more minimum operating price, much less regular reloading of supplies, and just more less hassle.

Last edited by Maxforu : 06-05-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-05-2010

Hi there, I was also connected wirelessly through my Ubuntu linux notebooks too. The new ASUS EeePC 1005HA which is Santa get for my 10 year old through Ubuntu were previously configured to run the Canon PIXMA MP620. I also want to know some more Canon IJ Network Scan Utility. Can anyone will help me to say some something.
Old 06-05-2010

To end the Canon IJ Network Scan utility through displaying in your menu bar, you will require eliminating it from your Login stuff of your account. Reading your post it looks like you get close to doing this previously, however since it displays to have not worked, there are some steps.

First you have to Open System Preferences > Accounts and choose your account. And then Click on Login stuffs, highlight Canon IJ Network Scan and click the -button to remove the item through the list. This will end the item through starting at login.

Then to now make it disable the Canon IJ Network Scan utility through the menu bar, either reboot your Mac or open Activity Monitor, choose Canon IJ Network Scan in the list and click Quit Process.
Old 06-05-2010

Later than deleting ij Network Scanner through Login Items in System Preferences Accounts, restart your system. Then go to the hard disc, on that the Canon application were installed, then Library, then printers, then bj printers, and move ij Network Scanner then to trash. If you are no more utilizing a Canon printer you can shift the entire bj Printer file to the trash.
Old 07-05-2010

In order to end the icon displaying in the menu bar then you have to end it through starting on login. This will cannot eliminate the utility, it merely ends it through starting.

However as you have noticed, that you do requires the utility to be working in order to scan crossways the network. So you will require to create a alias to the utility located in...

./Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Utilities/Canon IJ Network Scan Utility
Old 08-05-2010

You have go into System Preferences then Accounts and then Login Items, and you have to control-click on "Canon IJ Network Scan". Now choose "Reveal in Finder" and now control-click on the Scan Utility icon displaying on the window which is opened. Choose "Show Package Contents" and then open Contents and then Resources. At there you will view a file called "push_scan.icns" and that is looks just like the irritating menulet in question. And then you have to drag it out of this folder onto the desktop, then log out and log back in again.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,