Thread: Computer stopped booting, motherboard fan also dead

Computer stopped booting, motherboard fan also dead

He guys i need some urgent help from you all. I am having a system with MSI K8N Neo 4 Motherboard. Yesterday when i shut down my system it was working fine. Today when i tried to start my work, PC turned on and turned off again automatically and after that it is just not booting. Also i found that motherboard fan is also dead. I tried to unplug all the cables and plugged it again. But still no response. Could you guys please help me out in this case ? I really appreciate your helps.

Re: Computer stopped booting, motherboard fan also dead

The computer does not start, this is usually the most vicious hardware failure. You can check all the components squarely on the computer to detect that problem. This is not necessarily a failure. This symptom occurs also in case of bad contact to the installation of a peripheral card in a bus. In some cases, the motherboard (or rather the BIOS) emits a sequence of beeps that can detect the fault.

If the problem is only power, check the operating voltage of the fan, and looking for a power line on the motherboard of the system is not important, and try to see if you can get energy from it to the fan.

I came through this problem many times and the reason i found most of the time is the Cmos battery. What i did is just replaced the battery and it fixed. Try this or check out for the CPU or chipset temp. Also try turn on only monitor without connectingit to the CPU. For your problem, this can come from several places, RAM and what preventing the machine to start.

Two possible cause, when the machine does not start, and it does more than beep error, this can be the CPU or the motherboard. It's not very encouraging but they are something that happens. The better now that you have to do is try another fan to see if your concern is the fan or the motherboard, more specifically the connector on the motherboard. To find Cross conducts test the components on another machine. It's the only way to know if AC comes from the CM or the CPU!

As the causes of the problem are relatively large, we first define the failure:
    • Disconnect the power connectors and disc drives, floppy drives, CD / DVD burners.
    • Remove the extra PCI cards (modem, network, ...)
    • If you have 2 memory installed, remove it in one.
    • All connections to the motherboard, except that of the "Power" for ATX boards.

In short, it must remain the motherboard, the CPU (with fan), food, a bank of memory and graphics card. You have big chances to find the problem here.

A connector on the front connects to the motherboard, it is connected to a small pushbutton switch. A simple push is sufficient to start the motherboard. If flow does not start, this can come from bad connector or down in a bad connector but also the motherboard and even (if rare) processor. On most ATX motherboards, CPU fan works even if the processor is not inserted into the socket.As power supplies are (partially) protected against short circuits on the output voltages, an electronic board failure may cause the cessation of feeding by self-protection.