Thread: Scanjet 4100 C under Windows XP

Scanjet 4100 C under Windows XP

Hello, I just bought a scanner HP Scanjet 4100 c hand, I'm on Windows XP pro (Service Pack 2). My problem is this, my scanner is detected, the function my problem was that when I scan some things In the preview of it, there is nothing?? In short I want Scanjet 4100 C work under Windows XP. I have tried many things but that doesn't works for me. I even tried to search on the HP official website but there also I am not getting an appropriate applications for the Windows XP. Someone would have an answer has to offer me? Thank you in advance.

Re: Scanjet 4100 C under Windows XP

I am also having the similar issue about the drivers for Scanjet 4100 C that too for operating system Windows XP. I also tried to find a site to download the original drivers to install Windows XP on the HP ScanJet 4100C but on the official sites there are only updates. When I tried to install that nothing was happening. So even tell me some solutions for the same.!!

Try to install the software in the safe mode. For doing this, copy the scanning software on the Windows desktop from the installation CD. Create a new folder on the Windows desktop, then copy the HP Scanjet scanning software in the new folder from the installation CD. Locate and read the instructions for your specific model of HP Scanjet before creating a new folder on the Windows desktop. Then start the computer in Safe Mode. After installing the scanner software, connect the scanner to the computer and restart it normally, then try to perform a scan. The scanner should function normally.

Many times doing the Utility repair fixes such issues. The Repair utility can solve some software problems occurring either at the facility or to the opening of this software. To run it, follow these steps :
    1. Click Start, Settings and then Control Panel. In Windows XP, click Start, click Control Panel.
    2. Click Add / Remove Programs, then select the HP Photo and Imaging or the HP PrecisionScan Pro 3.x.
    3. Click Change (or Add / Remove, depending on the version of Windows).
    4. Follow the instructions on the computer screen, then click Repair.

You should have an idea that the professional version of Windows XP x64, which just came out, requires drivers specifically developed for use with the x64 operating system. The majority of drivers previously released for 32-bit operating systems Windows XP (Windows XP Home, Professional and Media Center) does not work with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. Microsoft has made available a new update for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). This update adds new features and enhances the security level of the operating system. However, after installing SP2, some programs, applications or devices behave differently.

I am also having the same issue. I tried to search the driver for the Scanjet 4100c on the hp website but was unsuccessful in finding it. After searching a lot, I found the name of a file (sj398eu.exe) which may be the correct driver file but I cannot find this file either. So please tell me more about this file. Or anyone hanging out there knows where I could get the correct driver.?? Need help soon.!!

I too had troubles with the 4100C en win XP. They were solved with these instructions that were mentioned on the site
    http://www.plex86.org/computer/Installing-a-HP-4100C-ScanJet-on-Windows-XP-so-it-actually-WORKS.html Hope that will help you a lot and your problem will get fixed.